Oh Crumbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have finally managed to get an appointment to see a doctor. However, I think the doctor I usually see has left. Everytime I ring up they say she's not there. This is a blow because I really connected with her and I felt that she didn't judge me. I am extremely nervous about seeing the doctor I have booked in to see tomorrow. I don't know if he will be as supportive. I have seen him before and he always comes off as very brash. The anxiety is now getting to me. I don't know if I can hold on until tomorrow.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Deep breaths.
Now, write everything down that you want to say to your doc so that nerves don't have you leaving without getting what you came for.
If he is brusque or dismissive, say so.
It doesn't have to be challenging, or degenerate into a row, just calmly state you are feeling cut short or whatever his attitude is invoking.
Yes, bravery needed I know, but remember they are just people and should be doing their job; not hustling people out the door unsatisfied...or worse not treated properly.
Good luck.

RSKS

Deep breaths.
Now, write everything down that you want to say to your doc so that nerves don't have you leaving without getting what you came for.
If he is brusque or dismissive, say so.
It doesn't have to be challenging, or degenerate into a row, just calmly state you are feeling cut short or whatever his attitude is invoking.
Yes, bravery needed I know, but remember they are just people and should be doing their job; not hustling people out the door unsatisfied...or worse not treated properly.
Good luck.
I couldn't agree with this more. The one place that you should never worry about what you say offending someone is in the doctor's office. Be direct, straightforward and upfront. If you believe he's short or dismissive, say so. He will respect this. If you can't connect with him, say so and he'll find you another doctor to meet with.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm just really frightened and scared. I've been out of meds for 2 weeks cause I haven't been able to get a sooner appointment. I don't want to be told off. I don't want him not to listen. It's happened before I don't want it happening again.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
No dazzle. My parents don't know about this and all my friends live quite far away from me and it would be too short notice to ask them now. He won't bully me but I don't know how it's going to be. I'm so worried.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
There are a couple of cognitive distortions going on here..1)jumping to conclusions 2) Magnificaation 3) Emotional reasoning.. These can be debilitating..I agree you should write down what you want to say..That way you don't forget anything by freezeing up..I wish you the best..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00