Oh Dear.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Not been to sleep for about 5 days now.

I feel dizzy, almost drunk even though I've not been drinking dispite the torture of not sleeping. I keep seeing moths too, even though there are none.

Feels like my brain is dying.
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry you're going through such a bad time right now....not sleeping that long sounds like torture. Have you asked your doctor for sleeping pills maybe?
  3. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

All I want right now is some alcohol...
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Staying up that long you start to hallucinate. I hitch hiked from Texas to Florida once and was awake for four days because I didn't feel safe to sleep.When I finally hit Florida I was walking down the middle of the highway and I was seeing hundreds of people walking in front of me. Don't ask how I made it to my destination because I don't remember.
    One of the problems I was having before I started seeing my doctor and my therapist, was I was staying up for three days. The meds I'm on now don't help. I'll fall asleep o.k. but I wake up an hour later and be up most of the night.
    You need to definitley see your doc and tell him your not sleeping. It runs you down in more ways than one. It isn't healthy. Take Care and stay safe!
  5. hare

hare Active Member

is there any situation or emotion that's been keeping you awake that you know of?
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Stranger is right. When you go for long times without sleep you will begin to hallucinate and risk the chance of turning psychotic. I don't know what is keeping you from sleeping, but please try to rest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.