Oh, for f*** sake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenwing

Why, just because I have a mental illness is it ok for a doctor speak to me like a piece of shit that does not know their own mind. It takes a lot for me to even use the phone in the first place. So, I spend ages trying to psych myself up to make the call, and when I do, then man was a complete knob. I have been having really bad pain in the right side of my face for a while now. It has gotten so bad I really cannot stand it anymore. So I phone up. Tell the guy what's wrong and he announces,"It's sinusitis". Erm, no, it's not. "Yes, yes, definately sinusitis". No, it's not. I've had sinusitis before and it has never felt like this. "Oh, no no no, it's defiantely sinusitis." So I end up having to make an appointment to see him this afternoon.

Now, it's bad enough me having to use the phone. Now the panic about going outside is building. Then I'm going to have to be touched. I just want to hide. I'm shaking and crying and I can't think straight. I want to cut so much. This is not good.

Why the f*** can't he listen to me? Why is it automatically assumed that people having psychiatric treatment don't know what they are talking about? Aaaaaaaargh! Stupid man. :(

I've had the same problem before, and it is frustrating when the medical profession find it acceptable to treat us like children, as if we are incapable of having any brain cells. I know it is hard hon, but firstly, well done for making the phone call, even though it was difficult for you. I know it is frightening, and then to make the effort and work yourself up to actually do that, and be treated as if you have no idea, or that your opinion doesn't matter must have made you feel even worse. And to have to leave the building to go to the doctors is even more stress. I rarely leave my flat, and understand how frightening it is when you suddenly have to. All you can do is your best hon, that's all anyone could ever ask of you, so just try and work your self up again, and try your hardest. I know it is easier said than done though, and will be thinking of you. sending you many hugs

PM me if you want to talk.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I totally understand it takes me at least 5 times picking up a phone to allow it to go through You did good to talk to him It could be abcess tooth a dislocated jaw many things. It is good you are going in to get it look at really but don't let him just brush you away okay. I hope he listens and you get proper treatment. hugs to you hopefully you get in to see him without too much of a wait in office

Ravenwing

Well, what a nightmare yesterday was. I got more and more agitated and anxious whilst waiting to go. I step out the front door and have panic attack number one. Get to the doctors, and find out he's running late. So I'm in the waiting room, full of people, and have panic attack number two. Half an hour later he calls me in. He says, "We're a little bit anxious today aren't we?" You patronising bastard, I'm 38, not 5!!!

So I tell him what's wrong, and he pipes up, "It's sinusitis". Erm, no actually, it's not. I have had sinusitis many times before, and this feels nothing like it. "Oh no no no, it's definately sinusitis." Erm, I'm a registered nurse. I know what I'm talking about. "Oh yes, but it's definately sinusitis." By this time I'm in tears. He hands me a prescription for antibiotics and I go. I have panic attack number three coming back into the waiting room.

I am NOT taking un-necessary antibiotics. So I have to go through all this again in two weeks with a different doctor. :'(

This has left me feeling so utterly worthless. I self harmed again last night. Thanks doc. :'(

Oh no hon, that sounds like a nightmare. I'm so sorry that you had those panic attacks yesterday, and even more so that the doctor was so patronising. There really is no need for it, as you said, you are a bloody adult, you are not a child, what right does he have to talk to you like you are stupid! Sheesh, it makes me angry just thinking about it!

Also, I agree with you.. I've had sinusitis a lot of times, and the symptoms of that rarely change, so you would clearly know yourself whether you had it again. Sigh, I'm sorry you got reduced to tears, some people really are bastards. But you are NOT worthless, although it is hard to think any differently about that. You aren't. You are still fighting, and trying to work through this, and help yourself, and help others!! I've seen the comments and the advice you offer to others on here.. if you were truly worthless, you wouldn't do that. So, to me, ad to others on here, worthless is something you certainly are not.

:hug: :hug:

Fitzy

That doctor sounds like an idiot!! I would guess he treats everyone like that not just those who have a mental illness.
Why do you have to wait two weeks to see another doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00