Oh god i'm scared...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kai Nashi, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Kai Nashi

Kai Nashi Well-Known Member

So my psychiatrist is making me do blood work... why??? This is freaking me out I HATE needles and ESPECIALLY bloodwork it makes me start to pass out its terrible... I think im not just gonna do it my mom has to take me since i dont have a car and im 16, so i think i just wont go ill refuse to go I dont want to do this I just cant. I will eat at midnight the day we are gonna do it... and idk if i dont do what I say I am ugh im just super scared flu shots are okay (still stresses me out a bit) but blood work makes me feel dizzy after its done and its just terrible... im so scared.
  2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Hi Kai, I too hate having blood drawn as they can never seem to find a vein. Brrrr. It's not uncommon for some people to pass out at the sight of needles or when their blood is drawn so you are not alone in this. Two things might help. One: make sure they use butterfly needles. These are very small needles that are less painful. Two: take some orange juice with you. This might help with the dizziness.

Unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary to have blood drawn and the impact of refusing it can be worse than the temporary trauma of going through with it. Since your psychiatrist is asking for it, it might mean he or she needs the results to monitor a medication. Without the blood work, you might not get the meds you need.

Yes, it's scary. I totally get that. But you can do it. And it will be over soon.

Good luck!