Oh hi...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lastflowers, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastflowers

lastflowers New Member

I'm new obviously. Um... I'm a twenty-year-old student currently in tough times with no one really around who understands what it's like to not only have the burden of circumstances themselves but to be already depressed and suicidal under them. So I figured maybe around here I could see how others are coping (And if not, see that I'm not alone.). I'm done with reaching out to people in "meatspace." =/
    And since I'm posting anyway I might as well explain a little what's going on. I'm having a bad semester at a school I never wanted to attend in the first place (This whole city is bad for me.) with no hope to transfer anytime soon, and the workload for the two classes I'm taking is 100% more than I had last semester for four. I'm very much behind and it's only the third week. I'm in tears right now trying to do math homework I can't even understand. It's due tomorrow. I couldn't do it yesterday because I was preparing homework due then, and so on with the days before. There's so much I'm spending hours on it every single day and getting nowhere.
    And here's the real bite: I have fibromyalgia, which makes me react horribly to stress mentally and physically. I'm on meds to counteract the brainfog so I can be a half-functioning puppet in school but they make me anxious and miserable. I'm in pain and my memory is horrid right now. I can't even remember what classes I took last semester.
    I told my parents I was not mentally or physically fit to do another semester at this time but they never take anything I say seriously. I honestly don't think I am going to make it out alive this time. I barely made it out of the last few semesters with my life and sometimes it was only due to my own complete failure to pull off death that I did. I need help but what can I do? If I quit now I'll be stuck here another horrid semester of agony. But if I don't I'm going to get all Fs anyway and end up in a hospital.
    Oh, um, something positive: What I actually want to do in life is be a musician and author who lives in a little cottage somewhere near the coast. If I could just have this without a lot of wealth or anything, I would survive quite happily and spend most of my time drinking tea and playing guitar on the beach. :3
    So you know my life and dream now. *whew* I'll see you all around.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi sorry your struggling so badly Can you talk to the coucnilor at your school and get your workload decrease some drop a class and take it later in the summer perhaps. Talk also to them about getting some tutoring for math in the classes you are having trouble with. The do have councillors that will help you that is why they are there to help students that are struggling with work and depression. Have you a doctor who you can talk to about getting some help for the depression re meds they do help. I am glad you are here talking reaching out this way because now you know you are not alone many students here are struggling trying to find their way through the stresses of school year hugs
  3. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Hello! Welcome to SF! I hope you find the support you're looking for! If you ever need a friend or someone to talk to dont hesitate to PM me! :hug:
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there and welcome to SF.

I'm curious as to what meds you are given to deal with the Fibro fog. I have never known that before.
  5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! Hope you find support here :)
  6. schuman

schuman Member

I too am in college, am 21-years old. I too feel too stressed out by the course work here, my grades were bad last semester , i know what you are talking about. it just makes you more suicidal, all the pressure here.

Do feel free to contact me (PM/Chat) if you feel the need to just speak to someone... how is in a similar situation and cna understand you.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums... I agree that you should talk to a counselar..Set up a tutor to help you with the math.. I know how you feel,Math sucks..I wish you all the best!!
  9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

hiya, Welcome to SF.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.