Oh man

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by hammockmonkey, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I love the line from GG Allin "When I die put that Bottle by my side, it was the only friend I had in life and it kept me satisfied."

I will probably ask my friends when I'm dead to think of that song.

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I go to bed with empty pint bottles along my bed. If I die in my sleep, god damnit, I'll have people know that I died tipsy!

3. DiscoverPeaceOfMind

DiscoverPeaceOfMind Active Member

Alcohol....that great drink that allows us to be friendly to strangers....and then abuse our wives, our family and our selves.
    Been there, done that, didn't stay....
    The search within is a far greater adventure.

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm single and abusing myself is far greater than killing myself. I'll take an alcohol depressive cloud to a suicidal depressive cloud.

5. danz

danz Well-Known Member

Not everyone who drinks is abusive to their wives or family etc.
    Just because alcohol made you act a certain way, I don’t think that gives you the right to generalise and assume that anyone who drinks will react in the same abusive manner that you did.

People spend entire lifetimes seeking what lies within and imo it’s a big fucking let down.
    Enjoy the adventure buddy and good luck but look where you are, suicide forum.
    A lot (not all) of people here have found what lies within, sadness, loneliness and emptiness.
    For all its negatives at least alcohol can make us feel something inside even if it’s short term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.