Oh my God tell me I'm dreaming

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by pisces-music-girl, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Oh my god, my best friend is pregnant.

Oh my god she's pregnant.

I still can't believe its' real.

My dad lost his job on Thursday, almost a year to the date when he lost the other one. and the 10 grand that we used last year to keep us afloat is almost gone...

((I know I haven't been back in a while, I'm sorry, I really am... just stuff happened))

I mean, I am trying to comfort her and calm her down, and all I am accomplishing is pissing Katie off and offeneding my best friend.

So basically I am failing at being a best friend.

And speaking of failure, I am so fucked for this school year. Three Advanced Placement classes? Who was I kidding? I still have to read Angela's ashes and write a god-knows-what essay on it along with reading the Jungle and writing and essay on THAT and doing a million worksheets all due July 31st and now THIS AND OH MY GOD I CAN'T BREATHE.

And sadly, I know that the stress is going to be just as worse this year, and now since I know I can't drop any of the classes, lest I look like afucking failure (and I can't drop AP English, I'm freaking editor of the Literary Magezine, which my AP teacher runs. Imagine how that would look. My god.)

And do you know what the really bad thing is? I'm worried that all this stress will bring back all the suicidal thoughts that I've been repressing since the sixth grade.

So oh my god... oh my god, oh my god.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is a lot for you to contend with. I know you want to help out your friend but she needs to make decisions as to what she is going to do. Support her in the best way you know how, but you must not assume this problem as your own. You have to take care of yourself and it sounds like you have plenty of things you are dealing with at this time.The essay on Angela's Ashes shouldn't be too hard to write. The book is not that difficult. The Jungle may pose a little more trouble, but if you take the time to sit and read it the words will come as they need to. I am, of course, assuming you are a decent writer if you have been placed in AP English and are editor of the Literary Magazine. Take a few deep breathes and try to pull yourself together. Have faith in yourself that you can accomplish whatever goals you set your mind to. The task may not be easy and may involve a lot of time and energy, but you can do it.
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My Mom gave birth to me at the age of 17, back in the 70's when you were considered a total whore if you even THOUGHT about sex. I am doing great, and so is my Mom. Trust me, no matter WHAT your friend does, she will probably be O.K. and will live a good life.

Also, try not to stress too much about school. You are obviously very intelligent, taking AP classes. You will make it to college and you will be fine, no matter what your exams say. I have a Master's degree, and trust me when I say that grades, while they matter to a certain extent, are not the most important thing AT ALL. You are not in any danger of failing or not making it to the college of your choice.

Try to support your friend and do your best in school, but know that you will be a success, and I'm sure that your friend will also :hug:
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Did your friend get pregnant on purpose?

You have alot going on for you at the moment, try to spend some time relaxing and giving time for yourself to unwind.
  5. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

God, thanks for replying.

Yeah... funny thing about me, if I stress I just shut down completely. Like, the only things I am capable of doing are listening to music, writing my poetry, or coming here.

I am a pretty decent essay writer (though I'm way better with fiction/poetry)... just doing two essays in like five days, where I have to work for four of them... not so much fun.

No, she did not get herself pregnant on purpose. I don't even know if her boyfriend (if you can call him that, he's 28, married, and has a little daughter). I'm just so worried about her because I don't know what's gotten into her since freshman year. She just keeps dating older and older guys and I was always afraid this was gonna happen.

On a happier note, my dad got a job offer on Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure it's legit.

Only thing is, I feel like a failure as a best friend. Because I'm pretty sure that she had an abortion- she did mention on myspace that she was in Trenton or NYC Wednesday- and I was way too damn busy with work and summer band.

I mean, they didn't even call me. Once. I missed Katie's call then went crazy trying to call her back- I texted three times, called her cell about five and called her house twice.

So yes, I fail as a best friend. And I don't even have the guts to ask Eileen what went down in NYC and if she's keeping her baby.

I know I'm not a failure at being a best friend, I just feel like one right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.