oh no the sun

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by magz74, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

and here it is the sunshine ,i one thing i dread more than any thing ,walking round in long sleeve tops and full length trousers .im boiling hot and theres nothing i can do.how i wish i had never started to self harm but now its to late .im to ashamed to show my scars ,just to be judged and stared at,i could not handle.please please if your new to all this and have just started cutting ,,please i beg you ..stop now while you still can..life gets harder and more miserable to cope with.

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Aww, Magz. I'm sorry you are having to deal with these things that end up after long term self harm. I know the feeling, mine are mostly on my legs and most of the time I wear jeans and short sleeves, but now and then when it's heat stroke hot, I'll wear Capri jeans (go down to the mid shin area) and you can see some of my scars, though not as many as would be seen by shorts. But, that's only one tiny thing that SH in the end causes, we do it to cope, then it makes more things you have to cope with and we feel SH is the ONLY way to cope, so it gets worse and worse by the SH. I feel for you, Magz, and everyone else out there who struggles with this. :hug::grouphug:

3. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I can so understand your pain. I hate the summer. everyone stares at my arms like im a freak, especially when i have fresh scars now :(

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You aren't a freak, hun.. You jut have struggles, some people just don't understand. If you ever need to talk, feel free to add me to MSN or PM me. :hug:

5. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Thank you, that is so kind. i will do :)

6. EnGorDiaz

EnGorDiaz Member

unfortunately one day i had to come out of it like you or anyone else i felt embarassed with all burn scars on my arm but i learned to deal with it and ppl did too

7. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i understand how you feel. as time goes on though, you'll probably be less ashamed, i guess as the scars fade.
    i've been cutting for two years and when i dont have fresh cuts i wear short sleeves all the time.

8. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

I know its difficult, perhaps one day you will find the strength to show your scars and not suffer the heat because if people react over them thats their problem, you shouldn't be made to be ashamed.

Until that day comes can you wear a long skirt? Its not as thick and hot as trousers and helps you blend in with the season.

Do you use any products that might help reduce the scarring? like bio oil or coco butter.

9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

i hate the sun too

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm the same way. I'm in Texas so it's soooooo annoying at times. I just try to cover up the best I can. I'm here if you want to talk. :hug:

11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I know how you feel hun :hug:

My scars have faded, so its not so bad. It's hard but you can stop

You can always PM me if you want :hug:

12. Floop

Floop Member

i don't mind people knowing and seeing the scars on my arm it's just family, i really don't want them knowing. Long sleeves it is.

13. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Im with u magz.
    Been self harming for three years and still do it nearly every week. My parents are completely oblivious aswell so im constantly dying in jeans and long sleeved shirts.
    I've invested now in a few thinner, sorta designed for those summer evening tops.
    Theyr pretty good but still not as good as shorts and a tee.

14. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

:hug: magz. :hug: all :hug: Personally, I don't get embarrassed by my scars - IDK why, it's just me and if other people don't like it, fuck them! Just remember, these strangers in the street have no idea what SH's go through on a daily basis, what a struggle it is. You'll never see them again in your life, so so what if they stare? If they do, they're just too closed minded to understand. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.