Ok - I been fighting for 4-6 weeks now...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by meaningless-vessel, Sep 3, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

.. To try and get a darned work trial at a local bingo hall (organised through my jobcentre with a previous manager)...

The previous manager was "waiting for head office" - but he left on Sunday. As I was down playing bingo on the Saturday night, a deputy/assistant one who'd discussed the work trial competency questions with me told me of this - so I popped down yesterday (Sept 2nd) - in order to show keenness and willing - ended up leaving details and got a swift call back (within 2 or so hours).

Then I go again today - and I have been finally given the chance for two shifts! (New manager - straight talker - in without issue) - so I'm glad of the opportunity.

Wednesday and Sunday - although start time on Sunday not confirmed yet - it's just under 12 hours away - so I need to sleep lol. Am there all day - but I hope that doesn't mean a post midnight finish as I have a 9.30am phlebotomy on Thursday!

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Oh well done :D

Hope all goes well and you get offered a job.
    My son did a work trial and is now in full time employ, so good can come of these trials.

ps: good luck with the Dracula brigade.

3. meaningless-vessel

Don't think I need luck with them - had 5 already and I probably one of the better ones - have to watch the needle going in (quirky like that) - but my veins have not let me down yet lol.

And yeah - that's what i'm hoping for with the trial - to get in (cos they need a vacancy available to have the work trial opportunity - it's that "trial and error" so to speak lol. )

4. meaningless-vessel

Well - the word on the inside from a couple of staff members - is my work ethic has impressed one of the duty managers.

Majority of them would like to see me get the job too, because I fit in with the vibrancy of the place in their eyes. Let me get a call to them tomorrow and hopefully catch the General Manager to discuss further what the next step is.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

that's great... congrats to you