Ok, i have a problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Dana.., Nov 4, 2008.

1. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

Ok, so it's that time of the year again when you do sex ed, but, i've realised this time, we're doing about sexuality, and i'm really scared about people looking at me, i know i should be proud of who i am, but people here say anything nasty to make them feel good.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Does everyone know about your sexuality? If they do, well, there isn't much you can do. I know how hard it is but realise that you can be the bigger person, rise above their nasty comments. If they don'; know, well they don't need to know do they. :hug: I really hope it goes ok for you.
  3. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

yeah they know, but i have to look at the floor all day at school coz if i even look at another girl people spread rumours that i fancy them.
  4. bluewail

bluewail Well-Known Member

i guess it depends how confident you can be about it... i know it sounds harsh, but if you act like you're embarrassed or ashamed, then people pick up on that and know that its something they can use against you for a laugh. if you act like you couldn't care less, or even better, if you can join in and laugh at yourself, then hopefully people will realise that it doesn't upset you, so they won't try to get a rise out of you. i've always been the butt of fat jokes, and now i know just to laugh and join in. after all, i *am* fat, so better to admit it and laugh about it, than hide away and feel embarrassed. my attitude is 'damn right i'm fat, and it means i get to eat loads of pies and not care about it'. perhaps you can try to go with the attitude of 'damn right i'm gay, but i'm so fantastic that you'd be lucky if i fancied you'

anyway, good luck with it, and hope it goes ok :)
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Ugh, high school is the worst. Good luck. :(
  6. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

Next tuesday.
    But i really don't care anymore. the cutting takes care of it.
  7. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Most people your age tend to pretend they know all about it but really the find the whole thing very embarrasing. Consequently they treat anything to do with sex as something to laugh and joke about. Because that humour is so childish it usually gets focused on particular people, generally those who don't fit in with their own narrow minded image of 'the norm'.You should feel good that you are actually a lot more mature in your attitude and that you have already worked out where your sexuality lies. I know how that may be hard at the moment but as you look around at your peers Know that you will have set some of them thinking and statistically it is quite likely that some of those giving you grief now will regret it in the future when they come to terms with the fact that maybe they aren't as 'straight' as they now think. Good luck and be strong.