OK...I know you guys have probably heard this a million times....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by John1982CT, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John1982CT

John1982CT New Member

I'm brand new here...so excuse the rant, please! (and I know you've probably seen what I'm about to type a billion times before, but I felt the need to vent) :)

OK, I'm 26 years old and have just broken up with the girl of my dreams after what I thought was a fairly healthy 4-year relationship. I know that all things will pass and that this will too, but I can't explain why I'm struggling so much and feeling like ending my life right now.

I'm in graduate school, I'm getting my Master's next spring, and am hoping to be a teacher, but even looking ahead to that is difficult right now. I can't seem to get this out of my head.

I've never really been "depressed" before, sure I've had sad times where I've contemplated an early demise, but this one is a bit stronger. I've been talking with friends, which seems to help for the time being, but it's all the time I spend alone, when these thoughts begin to creep into my mind. I think the rather ridiculous fear of being alone for the rest of my life is overwhelming everything else, and causing me to feel depressed, and wanting to stop the pain.

I know this will pass, and I hope that the suicidal feelings will stop, but right now I'm just wallowing in misery....

Hoping to heal soon,
  2. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Hey John....Welcome. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. You've come to the right place.

Try distracting yourself when you're alone with your thoughts.

There are alot of people here who deal with suicide everyday and who have tried it. I'm sure you will find comfort here. :)
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF John,

I'm sure these feelings will pass but that doesn't necessarily help you in the 'here & now'.

It's good that you have managed to discuss your fears with your friends, we are here to listen too.

4. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

They pass if you let them. Sometimes it's not easy, so don't be afraid to accept help when you need it. It's a pass forward kind of thing. Someday you'll be strong enough to help somebody who needs it.
  5. John1982CT

John1982CT New Member

Thanks for your help!

I've found out some information since my post that truly has helped me to gain the closure that I need. It's not like someone waved a wand and I'm completely better, but my feelings today are that I can get through this, and that I clearly have the moral upper hand, which is vastly more important than the romantic one.

I'm sure that when this hurt does pass, I'll be able to help others, and that's always something that I like to do when I can. Thank you for your support, all!!!

6. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

hiya john,

welcome to S/f!

if you ever wanna chat you can always pm me
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey John This will pass..Right now you are greiving your loss and that is natural.. The next step in the stages of greif is anger.. Thats all I remember because I didn't have to go any further the anger stage got me over it really quick..Good Luck!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.