ok So i could use some advice...

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by iceeblusmurf, Jun 23, 2008.

1. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

I need to lose some weight......70lbs to be exact....but i don't know how i can do it. Like i can't run cuz of ankle injuries, i can't get to a gym cuz i can't afford it, i can't swim like i used to cuz i have no where to swim.....it just feels hopeless.....its hard to eat right because i don't know HOW to eat right, i have a limited budget and my mom likes to buy junk......so it makes things even harder. I just don't know what to do. Can anyone here help me? I just don't want to be fat anymore.... :(
  2. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

I'd like to say I have a simple answer for you but I don't. I have been struggling with weight since I was about 11yrs old, I am now 25. It's one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I have tried the gym, weight watchers program, I walk, I job (sometimes.) But it just doesn't seem to be coming off and I give up hope! But there is light!! I finally dedicated myself and said enough's enough, I stopped eating fast food, I don't not eat and then binge which was a big prob for me in the past. I eat breakfast, cereal, oatmeal, or whole wheat toast and fruit. Keep plenty of fresh fruit on hand, try to get in 3-4 glasses of water a day, more if you can do it. Make sure to eat 3 main meals a day but don't eat everything just because it's on your plate. Eat some, stop, think, am I eating still because I am hungry or because it's in front of me and I am not supposed to waste food. Don't deprive yourself totally of the things you love to eat or you'll go crazy thinking about it. Instead limit yourself to having your favorite treat once a week. As for activity, you don't need a gym to be active. I set up a spot in my living room for exercise. I bought a cheap set of dumbells and a skipping rope. I try and walk a couple times a week, I do have an elliptical trainer though which only cost $50 and is easy on the joints, other then that I use my dumbells and lift weights with my routine. I use the couch for step ups, I have a ball which I do squats (they kill the legs) with, and always always when u feel like giving up remember what you are doing it for. Crank up the music and say fuck it this time I am doing it, I WILL NOT QUIT!! As for your mother, ask her if she must bring junk into the house to keep it somewhere you can't find it, ask her for a little support. Just looking here shows you want some support, I have no will power and I know how hard it is. I have lost about 5lbs since march, not very much, but I am damn proud that I lost for once. It doesn't come fast or easy, but hang in there.
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

angel-dawn has good advice. i have lost 80 pounds over the last 2 years. exercise helps, for sure. even walking is good. just set yourself a goal (like 20 minutes) and go for it.
    treat each day as a fresh start. yeah, you may have screwed up by eating junk food the previous day but it doesn't have to ruin the entire week. lots of water. healthy snacks. and one day at a time!
  4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Hi.. My Aunt has lost over 80 pounds with the Winning Points diet.. Im following it now too. Before I started it I changed how I ate and lost a wee bit over 7 pounds in just 8 days.. I have been on the diet for 3 days and havent took my weight yet.. Its a very easy diet to stick with and I feel great on it.. I also cant do much activity because of bad knees but I get out and walk what little I can. I also cant afford a gym but Im starting to do leg lifts, arm lifts, dance when no ones looking, and use cans of food for weights.. My friend lost a ton with belly dancing and the winning points diet.. Good luck.