Ok so I just figured something out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anoriginalthought, Apr 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

I just vented to a post, but i was logged out half way through and the post never made it to the forum.

I figured something important out.

I don't like letting go of things. I work really really hard to get things but i don't like letting go. I don't like letting go of my achievements, of my experiences, of people, of places. It seems pointless to work towards anything since i cant hold onto it. Its um pointless to even hold onto anything or anyone for any amount of time. I dont want to touch, experience, or have anything anymore because there's no point if i have to let go. I see no point in work, in experience, in having anything, in people. I can only really see the only way out as death. How do you fix this?
  2. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

There's no ultimate purpose behind anything in existence. Hate to say it, but I don't think anything you do at all matters in the grand scheme of things (unless you believe in an almighty creator). We're just...here, floating through an empty void. Sorry I don't have anything more positive to say, but this is how I think too. I can't really stand the pointlessness of everything so I'd just rather not be here.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

...... but, as you say bm, believing in the almighty creator can and does change one's perspective, when you decide that's the only thing that makes sense (long term, existentially) and discover the hidden gold and diamonds that lie beneath the surface.

It might seem like a facile way to fix the problem, but that's from your current perspective. Perspectives can always change to accommodate new insights that bring a different approach :)
  4. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

This response is kind of late, because originally I wasn't gonna respond anyway, but since I spent vast amounts of my time thinking on this subject (it being the reason I wish I was dead) I thought I'd respond.

I'm atheist, and always wished that a God existed to give me reason to live again. I personally can't stand the thought that we're just floating here, getting on with our pointless lives, some of suffering needlessly...and for what? I don't see why I have to go through with what I'm currently going through. Doesn't seem like there's any way out of it to me. I was put on the Earth, yet I wish I was dead. I look for answers in an all-knowing supposed "God" who won't even respond to me. My existence is pointless and so is my death. I used God to try to give meaning behind things; that we're all here for a reason, we all have things to learn, and better ourselves and everyone around us. I used to actually believe that the people who come into our lives do so for a reason, negative things happen for a reason too and if anything bad DID happen I'd try to see what good could come from it if that were the case. But I don't see what good is coming from the situation I've been in for the past 10 years :/

So yeah. What a load of horseshit that is. Our existence is futile. And I hate it. I also hate this message board for logging me out so quickly while typing a friggin response.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi anorginalthought read your post and what i don't understand is why do you have to let go of anything

Hold on to your achievements be proud of your accomplishments they are a part of who you are hun. Myself i do not believe we are just here floating i think that if we care for each other that is enough that is purpose We might as well make our days here count right so our existence is not futile what we do will be past on to others when we leave it will
    take care of you ok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.