OK, so I'm new to this.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cent, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cent

cent New Member

Not the type to cause any undue trouble, but I don't know what to do.

So, a little more than a year ago my wife left me for a couple. We have three kids together and have shared the custody of the kids. I had them alone for a while when she left, but after she came back it's been 50/50.

The month she agreed for me to have the house we've always lived in it burned down. The insurance money will not rebuild the house but it'll make it to the point of livable, I think.

My mother died six months ago on my birthday.

I lost my job.

There's more, but those are the big points. I lost the people I talk to and don't know how to fill that void.

I have a lot to live for but don't know how to make myself understand that.

I called two suicide hotlines, but I'm an honest guy and started both conversations with "I don't exactly have xxx I was immediately given a phone number to my local MHMR location.

I'm lost. What do I do except not kill myself? I've got that and I'm working hard to make sure it doesn't happen.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...with all the losses your have experienced, it is no wonder you are feeling awful...have you considered grief therapy...I have had many losses myself over the last yr and I found it help...please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing...welcome again, J
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Hiya there and welcome to the forum.

Im so sorry to hear about everything that has happened to you jsut latly, it must have been devastating.

Somtimes its hard to see the things we have to live for, they ar there though, usually hiding behind the smog that clouds our judgment when we are feeling low. I really do understand as ive hit some really low points myself, its nice when i get a breath of fresh air though and can see through it.

definitly keep posting and let us know how things are ticking!

Im always here if you want to talk x Amy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.