Okay, A really dumb question

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PiecesMended, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

my mood has been very low for a few weeks now but today I've just gotten randomly over-happy, for no reason. Had no caffine (I've had a few mugs of caffine free green tea and a glass of apple juice today) So yeah - I havn't even eaten, I can't Im too all over the shop to. I'm really fidgetty too. It's 2am and Im no where near tired like I normally am when I just can't sleep. I just wanna go outside and run or something!!!!
    I've had this a few times, everyone ignores it even my therapist...
    So basically wondering if it's totally normal to be bouncing of the walls, not eating 'cause you're too damn exited, not being tierd and not being able to do ANYTHING because you can't sit flipping still long enough. So yeah, opinions would be nice!!!
    Also I appear to be seeing and hearing things more than normal - which is rather worrying.

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I experience this too. It could be hypomania...

You should definitely tell your therapist again.

Are you being medicated? Some anti depressants can induce this.

3. PiecesMended

I bring it up alot but she doesn't seem to care that much. I'm not on anything right now no.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Just keep brining it up. Tell her that you don't feel it's normal and important she knows.

5. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

You may need too see a psychiatrist to get this correctly diagnosed. I have found therapists sometimes tend to misdiagnose. Good luck

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

what does your psychiatrist say? they are better at diagnosing than therapists.

7. GA_lost

It is not what my psychiatrist says; it is comparing the diagnosis from my pdoc to my therapist. My pdoc says major depression and my therapist seems to say a chronic mild depression. I tend to go with the major depression because my symptoms involve suicidal ideation, burning, and other symptoms closer to a severe depression. Also it sounds as if her therapist maybe widely missing the importance of the ups and downs in her mood.

8. PiecesMended

I have a psychiatrist or whatever they are too who is the one who prescribes me meds. I've met her twice and didn't talk much - I highly doubt anyone mentioned it to her.
    I don't really like CAMHS which is who I'm with but it's taken so long to get seen there that I don't want to kick up a fuss to be moved.

Seriously, in my second session they prescribed prosac straight away, with no reasons for meds - all they thought then was that I was a bit depressed, they didn't know about hallucinations or suicidal ideation. But as I said I'm not on anything right now.... Only I should mention that they don't know that. :unsure: I havn't been taking them for 2-3 months and I'm exactly how I was before and during taking them. Even other people have told me this so I know it's not just me being stubborn.

9. GA_lost

The next time you see your psychiatrist mention your changes in moods and hallucinations. You are possibly bipolar and need a mood stabilizer not an antidepressant. Antidepressants can push you more into a bipolar state and a mood stabilizer will flatten the highs and lows. Good luck hon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.