Okay girls; please tell me this is a hiccup on my sex life.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by doityourself, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Not sure if this should go here but:

I had to have a full hysterectomy last year in October, had some problems after the surgery (hematoma, infections, blah blah).

Question is, I can’t have the big O now, and if I do its nothing like before. It takes forever to get to that point and when it does it’s literally like 1 second long and there is no waves of pleasure after like before.

Wondered if anyone is experiencing the same thing? I’m also on a hormone patch if that makes any difference.

I’m scared and worried that my sex life is over, please someone tell me this is not the case.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to a doctor about it? That should be your first move.

According to Wikipedia, "Those who experience uterine orgasm will not experience it if the uterus is removed." This might be the problem... You might try different methods of achieving orgasm (penetration vs. clit stimulation, for example)

3. doityourself

I did and they said this is normal, but Im the only one I know that feels this way.

Thanks for reply.

4. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

This is kind of embarrassing for me but personally though I have not had such a surgery I prefer clitoral orgasm I don't often experience it the way you describe :shy:

So maybe clitoral stimulation can compensate for the usual type you used to have. Either way I don't think this could completely ruin your sex life there are so many other ways to enjoy it :mhmm:

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sorry I can't be of any help... I know what it's like to have broken junk, though I can get pleasure through other means, and you should be able to, too.

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

One suggestion I could give you-- is to look into and practice breathing techniques; as breathing is often key to the big O.

Focus on the sounds around you and the muscles in your body rather than trying to achieve orgasm, and I think- if you haven't tried it already; it could really help you out until your body can straighten itself out again.

7. doityourself

Thanks everyone for the responses, I will give anything a try.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

A vibrator might help too.

9. doityourself

Thanks Dave,

its just all to depressing, soemthing else to add to the list. Blah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.