OKay I Need Help On A Diet.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by emozillapwnsyourface, Jun 24, 2009.

1. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

Im 5 Feet And 8 Inches And I weigh about 220 pounds.

I Want To Lose weight really bad, but I dont really have the motivation for it and im really lazy lol.
    I want to lose about 60 pounds, because that will be considered "healthy".
    I dont eat alot, but I dont exercize enough.
    I get out of the house, but I dont do sports, or run or anything like that.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

First things first, move around more. Join a gym, go swimming, go for a short jog every night. You won't want to ruin your hard work with unnecessary eating.
    Look at what you are eating. Junk food like chocolate and chips get processed differently to fruit and fish. Keep a food diary and you'll be able to see the areas you can improve on. Good luck! :arms:
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

The only two things that have ever helped me lose weight are the following:

1) "The Scarsdale Diet" (you may be able to get some info on the internet, but the book is not expenxive-this diet lets you eat decently and i do not recall any exercise involved)

2) Again, you don't have to exercise but you have to take in less calories than you burn off. You say that you don't eat much, but check out the calorie count, then look up what your healthy calorie intake should be and cut back a bit.

anything else is going to require at least a good bit of exercise (that I know of)
  4. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Sorry love but if your are infact lazy, you cant loose weight.

First things first, FOOD DIARY, write everything and the calories, even if its insignificant, an apple, a handful of grapes e.t.c.

Cut your caloric intake by about 10-20% a day. Eat more vegetables, lean meat and fruit, drink more water. Start exercising. Thirty minutes a day.

The fact of life is you can either be lazy and accept your weight or work hard and loose it, their are no shortcuts short of surgery and then your just delaying the inevitable.
  5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I agree, either way it is going to take some work on your part, but it really is not as hard as a lot of people make it out to be. With a little bit of planning you can def drop that weight. Good luck with the weight loss :)
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Eat small healthy meals throughout the day.

Exercise 4-5 times a week (an hour each time).

Drink plenty of water.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

One comment, from someone who has NO willpower for food: destroy all the junk food you have access to [seems like a waste, but you're better off]. If you are going to snack, you want it set up so that no matter what you reach for, you're grabbing something healthy and filling.