Okay I'm being lied to about something, I just can't figure out what the hell it is.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Okay, honestly, like...I don't even know where the fuck the start. Okay you know what, here, let's start off with a question. If you and your husband switched phones for the day because you had extra minutes on yours that he needed to use, and when you go to use his phone you see that every single one of his ingoing and outgoing text messages have been erased, as well as parts of his call log, what exactly would you think about that? Well, I'll tell you what I think. I think exactly what I said in the title of this post. I'm fucking being lied to about something, I just can't put my finger on what it is. No, I don't think he's cheating on me or anything like that. However, what I do think, considering the fact that he's been coming home looking stoned at least once a week the past several weeks, is that he might be getting high behind my back. Now, why the hell he would do that I have no idea because we've both been getting high together. So why the hell would he feel the need to do it behind my back and lie about it when he can just say to me "Let's go do it" and I'd say "Okay"? Makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know. I'm just so fucking pissed off and confused right now. I don't even really want advice or anything, because there isn't going to be a single thing I can do about any of this. Guaranteed, I'm going to flip out about this and he's going to have some sort of excuse as to why he did it and just deny everything, claiming that he's right and I'm wrong like he always does, and in the end I'm still not going to have enough proof and I'm going to keep being afraid, paranoid, depressed, and just as confused as before. Fuck, man... This is why I can't trust anybody. People lie. Everyone lies. And then they lie about lying. UGH. I don't even know why I bother...like, I really don't...I should just give up on people in general. Everyone says they're so different and they all end up being the same.

Oh, and one more thing. There actually was one single text message in his inbox. It was sent this morning from a friend of his, who shoots dope on a regular basis, saying "I'll see you at 11th" meaning 11th street. So, in other words, he met up with him for some reason, and failed to mention such a thing to me before he left. So, yeah. That's why I think he's doing what he's doing. But if he is, I really don't understand why. I mean, if I was adamant about staying clean, and him staying clean, and I was going to freak out on him for it or something, then okay yeah, I'd get why you would lie in that case, but I'm not. I'm fucking doing it with you. So why the fuck?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Re: Okay I'm being lied to about something, I just can't figure out what the hell it

Maybe he got a bigger drug problem than what it appears to be? Or he is having separate time with his homeboys/poker buddies whatever friend he got? It might not be what it appears to be.

If you see the signs, or is upset about the circumstances talk with him about your concerns and not wonder about what ifs.

Good luck

3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Re: Okay I'm being lied to about something, I just can't figure out what the hell it

Well, here it is. First thing he did when he came home that evening was lie to me. I asked "So, how's Mike doing?" (The friend that sent the text message). And he said "Uhhh, I don't know I haven't talked to him since..." and he started thinking about it. I was like "Save it. You talked to him this morning. I know you did, because he was texting you. Now the big question is, why would you lie about something like that? What the hell did you really do today?" So, after I caught him in a lie he admitted it and said he was trying to help him get some Adderall from someone else he knows and he didn't want me knowing about it because supposedly he thought I'd want them for myself. I was like are you kidding me? I don't want freaking Adderall, I've never even done them before. So, I don't know, seems like a pretty bullshit reason to lie, I think...but whatever fine. The bigger thing that was bothering me though was when he claimed that he never ended up getting the Adderall and therefore never ended up meeting up with his friend. But like I said, from the text message his friend sent, it sure as hell seemed like they had already planned the meeting which I found very odd. Why would they do that if he never ended up getting them? So, I still had (and still have) some doubts that any of that was even true. But like I said before, there's really not much I can do about it because he'll always try to prove himself right and out talk me unless I blatantly catch him in a lie like before. So yeah, that's that.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I would be weirded out about the whole thing myself. Maybe hes trying to protect you by omission In what exactly hes up to.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh dear!! When I just read all of what you have posted on this thread, it struck me right in the head!! My ex boyfriend lied to me I would have to say more than a thousand times? I never argued about it, I just wanted a quiet life. I swept it all under the carpet. One day I just couldn't take anymore of the lies and emotional abuse and walked out.

Now having read you posts, personally I would think somethings up. Could he be cheating? I think he could be dealing? Or taking and not wanting you to know or taking harder drugs and not wanting you to know.
    If something doesn't make sense then it's probably untrue. I feel for you...I put up with lies for far too long, and the fact the sent items and inbox were cleared is a major red flag.

Try and have a heart to heart with him and make him come clean, if he doesn't then I guess you will have to make your mind up! That's of course if he is in fact hiding something.