olanzopine

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by fluffypingu, Dec 22, 2015.

1. fluffypingu

fluffypingu Guest

has anyone had olanzapine before and how long does it take to work as nthey just put mew on 15mg for the voices

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am on olzanzapine, have been for quite a while. I'm trying to cut down on it but I usually take 20mg before bed. I take it for sleep. I don't take it every night, only when I need it nowadays . It will most likely make you hungry and you might gain weight. Remember to stay hydrated while taking it, lots of water as it can easily make you dehydrated. I don't hear voices naturally (only in med reactions) so I do not know how this will pan out but one thing I do know is it helps a LOT of people that are suffering from voices, or schizophrenic. Best of luck and keep us updated.

3. fluffypingu

fluffypingu Guest

ok thankyou much appreacheated

2 people like this.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

wtf man? i took that stuff at 10mg and it made me so zombified, turning Einstein into a retarded person so 15mg? that stuff is evil but hey if you dont like to think and be suicidal thats awesome, that stuff made me careless about my life, i coudlnt even play a basic video game or do basic maths either. But hey, everyone is different and there is no one size fits all.

5. fluffypingu

fluffypingu Guest

well it helps me its strange tho

6. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

i know my body is incredibly weak too so most meds even at the lowest dose makes me so incredibly nauseated, foggy, and awful. Like how i i used to be able to smoke 4 big joint a day and now even a small amount and its like, ugh why did i do this... same with alcohol. The only pharmaceutical I do ok with are xanax.

7. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Olanzophine is Zyprexa right???? I was on it actually on 2 different occassions. It was really the main anti pschotic I had been given also for voices and other Psycotic symptoms. I don't know how late it is to post on this thread about it but just thought I would say it worked fairly well for me. It made me sleepy though as most anti psychotics do and it made me hungry a lot. Which my Psych doctor considered a plus since I wasn't eating either. Lol But I was on 15mg for quite a while and then 10 and 5 when she was weaning me off of it. I would say all in all, it is good. It took the usual 4-6 weeks or so for me but then everyone is different too. But I am hoping everything works out for you!!!!!!! :)

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I took olanzapine in a combination form (Symbiax which is olanzapine and prozac) - the olanzapine was a huge help for ptsd symptoms such as nightmares/flashback type stuff- things your mind invent same as voices. I started at one level - had to go down because exhausted all the time- then slowly worked up. Like most medications it takes time to both work and to get used to- after a couple weeks on 5 they went to 10 then ended on 25 after 3/4 months and had no side effects except munchies- absolutely no zombie crap at all- that was just really hard to wake up until you go t used to it and so long as take daily and let yourself get used to it it goes away very quickly.

For all psyche meds, actually making sure strict compliance - not skipping doses so have to start getting used to all over again - and if having issues working with Dr to titrate up the dose slowly the negative side effects and the ever so often talked about "zombie effect" is eliminated. Far too often people try a med for a week or 2 at most and declare it is no good /side effects etc and ignore fact that have had the issues they are taking it for many years and these issues being so bad they want to kill themselves for years- but an upset belly or sleepy for a week means intolerable... I guess it is all a matter of perspective for every individual. The only real issue I had with it is it did make very very hungry and cause to gain weight because hunger so snacked a lot.

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I didn't think pdocs prescribed olanzapine to patients with diabetes??