• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Old Vehicles (The Classics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD4010

I love old cars, trucks and farm tractors. I've been a gearhead all of my life. Most of the people in my family were the same way. Here's a photo of my user-namesake...1961 John Deere 4010 (JD4010!). I had one just like this but it was never this clean!

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
I love old cars, trucks and farm tractors. I've been a gearhead all of my life. Most of the people in my family were the same way. Here's a photo of my user-namesake...1961 John Deere 4010 (JD4010!). I had one just like this but it was never this clean!

Wow, you made the thread! Good job.

Loving the tractor.

This isn't my car but it's the same one. It's a Mini Racing Green Limited Edition. Not very old but I kept it as it was my first car. I used to love doing the London to Brighton Mini run every year. I'll try and fish out some pics over the weekend.

Screenshot_2018-02-08-22-04-06~2.png

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
View attachment 5628

My idea of heaven ❤ old lorries, trucks, motorbikes make me happy, yay and I'm a girl hehe.
Now that's a lorry! That's what I love about old vehicles; they had soooo much character. I can't see many modern ones ever becoming classics. Sad.

Great to have at least one girly around drinty, and I never knew we had such an affinity for this sort of thing!! :)

Great stuff @JD4010 ; I can see me spending quite a lot of time in here :p

JD4010

Wow, you made the thread! Good job.

Loving the tractor.

This isn't my car but it's the same one. It's a Mini Racing Green Limited Edition. Not very old but I kept it as it was my first car. I used to love doing the London to Brighton Mini run every year. I'll try and fish out some pics over the weekend.

View attachment 5629
There is one just like that in my neighborhood! The owner has kept it in fine shape for many years. I have never driven a classic Mini Cooper, but I would love to.

JD4010

36 years in the future, the Imperial looked like this. For 1969, a new "fuselage" style was introduced. It made the car look even more enormous than its immediate ancestors. Interior room was increased as well. The Imperial had already established its reputation as a superior road car. The torsion bar front/leaf spring rear suspension gave the car more stability and better high speed handling than either of its Cadillac or Lincoln competitors. The 440 V8 was very strong as well. Wonderful cars. 69Imp.jpg

JD4010

I bought this 1974 AMC Gremlin X with the "Rallye" package in November of 1975. It only had 3000 miles on it. It was a blast to drive--lightweight with a large engine, so acceleration was effortless. I drove it into 1983, when some drunk ran a stoplight and totalled it out. Broke my heart.
74GremlinX.jpg

JD4010

Mercury climbed up into the upper medium price range in '58 with the new Park Lane series, to do battle with the Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight, Buick Roadmaster, Chrysler New Yorker, etc. Big and luxurious, the Park Lane came standard with the massive 430 cubic inch "Lincoln" engine, rated at 375 horsepower. It had the largest displacement engine and highest rated horsepower of any of its competition. A 400 horsepower version, with three 2-barrel carburetors on top, was optional. Needless to say, the big Merc could really haul the mail...and would cruise all day long at high speeds, courtesy of its 2.71:1 final drive ratio. 58Merc.jpeg

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Crashing this thread with a couple of motorbikes. One of WILL be mine one day. I am in the process of getting my bike license and when I do these are my ultimate

We have the fat boy

C7C39BF5-CBEB-45EE-930A-6126AF102AA2.jpeg

Or the soft tail...
3EA4FBCE-0C6E-404E-AB74-1783EFA15D46.jpeg

Or maybe a...

628293B7-6ED4-4C1B-83DB-A0A8FF7E24C0.jpeg
Virago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00