older (either classic or just a few years old) or newer movies?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ZombiePringle, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm kinda curious.. what does everybody prefer?

Most of my favorite movies are at least 4 or 5 years old... And I definitely love to watch the classics too... I do watch newer movies but it just seems they are all starting to become the same.. some are different but most just aren't doing anything new...

2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I love any movies really doesn't matter how old they are and i'll watch em over and over again but.....i do struggle to concentrate if my phone is anywhere near me as Wayne knows only too well :D

3. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Just got into movie watching in the last few years.
    Didnt watch TV, or movies from when I left home, till I got laid up at home here, got into netflix movies. DSL just got out here 3 years ago.
    I really prefer to be in my shop, but my body has been needing more slack time.

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I like B-movies in general~
    Also, I really love Logan's Run and so many others from around the same era. Logan's Run is always the first to come to mind. XD psychedelic!

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Actually, that's the case for all movies in all times. However, a few years after crappy movies comes out, they're forgotten, leaving only decent ones.

I rarely watch new movies as a result, I tend to watch slightly older ones, but I have an aversion to approximately the 80s and earlier.

6. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

It's got to be new movies, once I watch a movie I remember all the scenes and words spoken, so watching them except a select few again is kinda pointless.
    I will never get sick of Starship Troopers The Postman and Serenity though.

7. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Total fanatic of Japanese movies from the 1968-75 era, easily have over 100 DVDs of films from then.:rolleyes:

8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I can't decide. There are plenty of formulaic, empty movies being made today but that has always been the case. There will always be gifted directors and producers who have a keen mind for making truly quality entertainment.

I've loved the Coen brother's work since seeing "Raising Arizona" 22 years ago and I am looking forward to their retelling of "True Grit" with Jeff Bridges.

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's hard to say because there are classics from both eras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.