Olive harvesting

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoMoneyToPlease, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

Hi guys.Does anyone have any knowledge of bringing in an olive harvest?
    I would like to know because the only time anyone has made anything of themselves from my family is when they have gone off to work abroad.

So yeah,I am thinking of traveling to Europe next year to find work as an olive picker.
    I am wondering if anyone can tell me the best countries to visit and find work in as an olive picker.

Or if there is any special skill involved at all?

Here is just a few questions.

Where's the best area for local culture?
    How much does it pay?
    How fit do you need to be?

Thank you.

2. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

italy. but basically countries near the sea-Mediterranean Sea.
    special skill...huh...it runs in the family. :D but you get used to it after a while, you need to learn how to make it and all.
    pay? depends for who you're working, companies or private.
    fit? in shape a bit? you need to work hard, and be used to the sun.

it's best if you google it, find a page or two, and ask the people that do it. yep.

good luck ;)

3. NoMoneyToPlease

Thank you.
    I think I shall choose to go to Italy. :)

4. Romancer

italy is a great place for these kinds of things, sicilia (sicily) is one of the best regions. and the oil is amazing. :)

but why did you choose the olive oil business?

5. NoMoneyToPlease

Why did I choose the olive business?
    Well maybe you can be in on the secret too.
    A short while back I found out from by listening to someone who is in the know that there is an elixir produced from the olive.
    I wish to submerse myself in the oil producing culture in order to find out if this is true.

This is possibly a premier product a quality notch above virgin grade.

I find this alluring to my curiosities,and seeing as I go by the rule of thumb that states "unless you see it with..."...and bring on the yadda's..,well one can never be at all sure about the facts behind a certain claim if one remains ignorant towards the realities involved.

So I feel the need to participate and experience this purely on a level of personal satisfaction.

6. Romancer

agreed, and the whole idea is interesting. :)

7. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Tomorrows forecast. Financial hardship with a touch of disappointment.

Moreover, low skilled seasonal work pays shit. Assuming you could even find employment, I suspect they're much more likely to hire the same people they always use for such a task.

As for an "elixir" I cant tell if your trolling or what.

8. NoMoneyToPlease

Romancer,Issaccs,come closer,I don't want to speak too loudly.

Today I saw a photograph of a man who drinks the elixir.In fact he swears by it.

This guy looks like he feeds purely on royal jelly,and he was next to a picture of a movie star famed for his looks...the movie star looked like a sick weedy little baby pig not long for this world in comparison.
    No joke of a lie.

One hard harvest season as a trade off for getting our hands on one of the Mediterraneans best kept secrets....a secret delicacy.

9. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

I dont get it. is it just me or has there been some extra trolling about job subjects lately, there's another talking about wanting to switch to a life of crime XD sounds more mysterious, kinda hot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.