Omfg my mother!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by wheresmysheep, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

she's drunk, on the phone to one of the women she used to look after the rescue cats for, and shes said "depression for me, is such a hard thing, and its not about being sad, i just have no one and no support, and fucked if my daughters helping me"

like wtf!!
    first she's MY mother, mothers support their children not vice versa.
    has she supported me with my "depression"?
    no.
    she's told me to cop on, to stop lying, to just stop, to just go for a walk and i'll be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    like come on!!!
    what kind of mother accuses their own child of lying about being suicidal and depressed. wtf is that!
    and what the hell will a walk do for me other than set me off on a panic attack!!!!
    ffs i'm am really fucked off with all of this. I AM TRYING but its all just fucked back in my face.

i know she's going to go off on one tonight cause of the drink. just watch this space to see if its me or her BF or my 12 year old brother.
    mind you she already roared the head off him when he got in from school, cause theres no noodles for him to have cause the supermarket didnt have them in.. :dry:

yeah my mothers great..

2. wheresmysheep

and NOW she's on the phone flirting with her ex (and father of her son) while her BF is in the bedroom!!!!!!!!!

omg i hate her.

3. WillST

WillST Active Member

aw :hug:

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: Emma, you know I'm on MSN any time you need me. Get the chair and the rusty spoon out babes :wink: love ya x

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Emma :hug:

I'm sorry. Some people just don't understand :hug:

You know where I am if you need to talk x

6. wheresmysheep

no she's going to the pub tonight, and will get even more drunk and come home and shout and storm abaout and i'll have to be the one to calm her down and take the brunt of it.:dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry:

and now they're "busy" in the sitting room while my brother is in the kitchen ffs

7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

:hug:

8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

That's fucked up. :hug:

9. wheresmysheep

thank you!!!!
    i'm not the only one at least
    :hug:

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey I'm not defending your moms actions at all but maybe she is at the end of her rope too. Just a thought. I know being a single mom with 4 kids i feel like I have no where to turn and thankfully I dont take it out on my kids. Yep parents are supposed to support their kids but sometimes a parent feels like they have no one to support them and it can feel very lonely. Sorry you are caught up in all of it hun. Maybe someone a relative could suggest she try a support group or something just for her. Or maybe a therapist just to talk to about some of her feelings. And if she doesnt then maybe look into a support group for yourself. Cant hurt and it's a chance for you to have a creative place to vent to others that share the same things you do. Good luck.

11. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

I remember my mother leaning on me WAY too much a few years ago, when she was going through her own crisis. She shared far too much information with me (stuff a kid does not need to hear about her folks, no matter how old the 'kid' is!) and it was so hard!!!

So I can identify with some of what you are saying. I don't blame you for being angry. I'd be livid as well!!!!

Is there anywhere you can go? Can you go stay with someone for a while? Even just a few days, just to get a break and to cool off?

12. wheresmysheep

we have no close relatives. NONE.

i have no where else to turn, the health system here you have to pay for, i have no money due to other issues as social anxiety etc.
    i have spent the last 12 years being HER parent, and now when i've got to my end, she says i'm lying and selfish.
    she has her ex partner of ten years and her current partner of 3/4years AS WELL she has issues i know that. but no one will say anything to her, last night her current partner told her she had a drink problem and she went mad and denied it all.
    yea i know denial is a thing that needs to be tackled, but thats still not my fault. no reason to take it out on me, i did not cause any of it.
    but like you said, you do not unload it on the child.
    so no i dont think she should be given any slack and i'm sorry to anyone i've offended.
    but i have well and truely had enough

13. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

I can't see how you could have or would have offended anyone, so please don't worry about that.

Where are you, in the world, if I may ask?

14. wheresmysheep

i'm in ireland, and ty for your post before btw :hug:

15. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you...I have no idea of anything available in Ireland. Sometimes there are centres with social workers that can help deal with problems like yours. In Canada, we have the CMHA (Canadian Mental Health Association), which can be very helpful for people with really rough living situations.

I do send you a big hug...I wish I could do more. :unsure:

16. wheresmysheep

thank you with doing that much :hug:
    we do have similar facilities, but they all cost money etc or need the other person (my mother) permission to do anything, which is stupid :dry:

but thank you

17. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Come and live with me lol.

On a serious note though. You are an amazing person and if you wanna talk, I'm just an email away. I know I may not be much help, but I'd gladly listen to the things on your mind. Cos you are my friend :wub:

18. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

*sheep :hug: Those are hard times to get through, but you will get through this and at some point you will have a great life away from you mother :hug:

19. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Eh... ur mum sounds like a dick... I know how it feels to think poorly about a parent, even hate them... it sucks balls. My advise would be to do something, talk to ur mum, see why she is drinking, I know it sounds fucked but sometimes parents need parenting. She sounds like the type of person who needs looking after, not someone who looks after people... Which is what my mother was, I know u think its stupid of her to have kids in the first place, but meh cant do shit about it. As very anoying people say "be proactive not reactive" all that shit. She sounds as though she needs your help, even if u may think she's a dick, its probly best to give it. :huh:

20. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

WTF, Lock your self in your room when she comes home and let her partner saddle up and support her drunk ass!! You have enough to deal with, you don't need her problems on top of them..Best wishes to you<~Joseph~