OMG I tried to kill myself today

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chado2423, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chado2423

Chado2423 New Member

I'm new to the forum but I Tried to kill myself today. I even called a suicide prevention hotline. I'm very worried and anxious and sad :sad: all the time. Oh what to do?
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm glad you called the hotline. did it help at all to reach out? and welcome to the site. you'll find a nice bunch of people here ready to listen if you want to share - many of us have been in the same low and distressing frame of mind.
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

What do you do? I'd say you've done one important thing already by coming to this forum. Most of us here have been where you are, and we're always sorry to see someone in that helpless place.

I've been in a mental health home, seen two therapists, one psychologist, one psychiatrist (and a partridge in a pear tree). Soory. That just popped out. Anyway, each of them has offered help of some sort. Coping skills, relaxation skills, mind control, accountability, finding someone to talk to...There are all kinds of coping mechanisms. The trick is to put them to use when you least feel like it.

May I suggest one plan? When you're not at the point of suicide, practice relaxation or some other coping skill you've learned. Then, when you feel suicidal thoughts getting stronger, you'll have already practiced for just that very time.

We support you and pray that for today, you can hang on until tomorrow. Then tomorrow, we'll be with you as you hang on until the next day.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear you felt so desperate that you tried to take your own life. I am glad you called the hotline and reached out for help. I think you need to talk to your healthcare professional and get help for your thoughts and feelings. You don't have to go through this alone. :hug:
  5. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

well,at least you are okay. and calling the hotline,did it help? if it wasnt the greatest,this forum always gives great support and im sure anyone here would be willing to listen,hell im up for it:)

i hope you are okay!
  6. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I hope you are ok

We are here to offer support and help you, if you want it.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope you are safe hun, feel free to PM me if you need to talk :hug:
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Please continue to seek both professional and peer support, and know that we are here when you need us...continue to post and write about what got you to this place...often times, putting it out helps with a further understanding and allows you to know that you are heard and supported...glad you are with us and big hugs, J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.