OMG its been a yr or 2!!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FallingStar, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallingStar

FallingStar Member

Ok so here it goes.
    Last year (2007) my dad wanted to sue my mom for custody of me. He couldnt talk to me about what he wanted to do he had to have my step mom talk to me about it. I got depressed with it all and hearing how living with him would make things better and things liked that. I didnt turn to alcohol or drugs, I went to chat rooms and met this guy he said he was 18 and I just needed support I guess. We talked all while this custody thing was going on, keep that in mind. Anyways, I hated every month the custody thing was going on I just didnt know what to do, cuz I any decison I would make would end up hurting someone my mom or dad. Finally when the court date rolled around it was 2 days before my birthday (thus making it the worse bday ever) I told the judge I wanted things the same. My dad didnt talk to me for 2 weeks and still hates me for what I decided. My friend madison wont let it go, she says it was all my fault and I had no right to do that to my dad. I felt torn in soo many directions and was panicing soo bad. I just dont understand why shes soo hung up on it. She says shes hated me ever since for it.
    I just dont get it :(. The guy I met in the chat room was 32 not 18, I found out while at another friends house who told her mom about the online thing who told my mom about it, and I lost soo much respect from her that day she found out. So basically I lost 2 friends and respect from both my parents cuz of what the custody issue caused.

Why am I feeling this way?

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey the decision was yours to make so don't let it drag you down. If your friend wants to bitch at you about it then cut her off. Tell her she needs to drop it or you will have to drop her. It is not fair to you to have her steady badgering you about it.
    Nothing says you can't go and stay with your dad for a couple of days a month so you keep the communication open between you. Tell him you didn't want to hurt him but you were confused so you didn't think to tell the judge you would like to have joint custody. You can always go back to court and have that changed.
    Sara I am 51 years old, I thought that might make a difference but I don't want you to feel like you are being deceived about the age thing. I am here to help support you and to give advice when I can. Take Care!~Joseph~

3. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

sometimes it is really hard to find out your 'friends' aren't really your
    friends after all. it hurts. but it is good to know. if she is not supportive
    of you while you are gong thru this crap, ....not sure what to say...
    heck with her? that's mean. but she's being mean to you, so don't let
    her bring you down. basically, everything stranger1 said is right on.
    so, there it is. no need for me to repeat it. hang in there FallingStar :)
    it sounds cornball, I know. but, hold on. it'll get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.