Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by iwishiwasinvisible, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwishiwasinvisible

iwishiwasinvisible Active Member

ive been fight back every other si teknics i know and the one i dont want the one i know i can hide from everyone is the one coming up..i know all the risks...i know the back falls...but bulimia is starting to come back..i know if im alone it will.....ive told my family the signs they missed before....i dunno.........i dont wnat it to come back
  2. CrimsonTears

CrimsonTears Member

Thats great that you recognise it coming...and that you say that you don't want it to come back

Keep hold of that...don't let go of it...fight for it to stay away

Can you speak to friends or family about it? Say your worried of it coming back?

Be safe and stay strong
  3. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

its a good thing you dont want it to come back.
    believe me.
    is there someone who you could talk to about this?
    maybe a family member you trust who could help you out, check if you're okay, things like that.

and one thing ive found, doing an activity, literally ANYTHING, after eating, the urge to purge does pass. some days it lasts a long time, but it does go away eventually. (and even if it doesnt, its too late to do anything anyway, the food is there and aint coming back. truth).
    the only suggestion i can offer is to try and come up with something that keeps you busy after you eat. its going to sound terrible, but personally, if i feel like purging, i will go and have a smoke. (i am a smoker, if you're not DO NOT TAKE IT UP. believe me on that one too). and my dietition suggested making a list of the negatives behind purging.
    im a visual person so reading the list helps.

maybe taping something up. a picture to deter you. words that might make you stop and think before you do something. but the activity thing is something that is taught to a lot of people. i know a lot of people who do various things after eating to get through that rough period.

im just trying to think of a few things. i know knitting is a good one. scrapbooking. reading (if you can concentrate enough). going for a walk in a public place. doing something you really really love doing.
    anything can be an option.

hopefully ive been of some help.
    take care of yourself and pm if you need.
  4. iwishiwasinvisible

iwishiwasinvisible Active Member

i cant let ne one know
  5. CrimsonTears

CrimsonTears Member

I know its hard hun...but nothing worth having comes easy apparently

You can do this

Be safe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.