On and Off depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

How long can that "off" least?

I dont know... im depressed since August again... before that i was ok between may and august (3months)...

So is this second time i am depressed, or is it just on and off depression?

I know lot about disorders, but i never come to think about this before...

Has anyone on here suffer from on and off depression?
  2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

hi...I know what you mean. I was also depressed on and off throughout my life. I don't know how long the"off depression" lasts. I guess it depends on you and if you get help for it or if the thing(s) that are making you depressed improve over time. Do you get help for your depression or do you take meds for it? I hope you feel better soon :hug:
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for kind words:)

Well i dont get help...

I used to visit schrink few months ago, but it wasnt helpfull...

This time i have more expiriences, i am not suicidal anymore (not even a little) and i am less self destructing:)

But i cant imagine that this depression would least for life:(
  4. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

i know exactly what you mean,
    i get depressed on and off also,
    but it's good that you're not suidical anymore,
    i think you should get help because it seems like you're not insanly depressed,
    and with some help you'd be back on track.
    i'm here if you need anymore helpp [:
  5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Unfortunately, depression can be so different for different people. It can last weeks, months and even years. The key factor is to not to go through it alone, get help. And if one doctor cannot help, find another. There are many out there. If medications are needed and one doesn't help, keep trying one, if it doesn't work, try another, there are many out there that can be tried one at a time until something works.

Main thing is to never give up and if you ever need to talk please pm me or someone ..we are here to listen and to support you
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for kind words. :hug:

Yes, last month i am depressed "only" mildly, but its still hard to breathe on times...

About help... It would only bring more troubles, and i think that i am strong enought to go alone throught this...

Oh, and i have one friend that does understand me, and he have depression too, but sadly, he is in other country and visit only once monthly...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.