On antidepressants,I have the energy to kill myself now.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TaylorCameron, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaylorCameron

TaylorCameron Member

I had been feeling so down and physically weak,the last thing I could do was swallow a whole bunch of pills.Just walking around felt painful.

But now that I am not feeling as 'depressed' ( I'm on Welbutrin XR 150mg ) I have the energy to commit suicide..I help out at the pharmacy because getting a full time job is tough with my condition).

Has anyone else felt this way? like they have a boost from medication that gives them enough strength to end it all?

Taylor

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

When starting on antidepressants you know there is always that initial stage where there is a boost of energy that will level off in time and you will feel less suicidal
    Use that extra energy to help gather more support for you ok IF you still feel suicidal then medicaiton has not reached its full potential yet. I also get that surge that is why when i start medication i start very low dose and work up Hope you call crisis and get support that you deserve and need to get stable

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

please try to not take pills to end your life. I understand deep pain. And I understand hopelesness. But please give the antidepressants time to work. For some, posting here a lot does make a difference. Maybe with the energy burst you can post more? Dont know. But it was an idea so I thought I would put it out to you.

4. TaylorCameron

TaylorCameron Member

I do want to take the pills

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

if you're not that depressed why do you want to end it? why not make your life worthwhile? like a goal or something?

6. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I have been on antidepressants for many years and now I am immune to them and even get more depressed and suicidal when I take them. My psychiatrist told me not to take them anymore. I just rely on mood stabilizers instead. I'm still depressed and suicidal, but I have to learn to cope with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.