On fragile things

I've been a recluse for most of my life. I was afraid of interacting with people, and as an only child I have no experience with taking care of others. Since I haven't been going outside, I have become very weak. I can't lift a finger to save my life, and I'm often bumbling around like a fool. That way, I'm concerned about the others around me. I have a lot of younger cousins and I'm scared I might hurt one of them.

I don't have the strengh to carry any babies or toddlers and I'm afraid of the time it will come to that. I'm anxious of dropping them or hurting them and I am very much afraid. I dont know what to do to not hurt them, so I'm asking for help..

LOSTINSIGHT

I've been a recluse for most of my life. I was afraid of interacting with people, and as an only child I have no experience with taking care of others. Since I haven't been going outside, I have become very weak. I can't lift a finger to save my life, and I'm often bumbling around like a fool. That way, I'm concerned about the others around me. I have a lot of younger cousins and I'm scared I might hurt one of them.

I don't have the strengh to carry any babies or toddlers and I'm afraid of the time it will come to that. I'm anxious of dropping them or hurting them and I am very much afraid. I dont know what to do to not hurt them, so I'm asking for help..
Hi jerrimyeon,i dont know your age .
you come across as thoughtful of others .
My guess is your "issue" is anxiety and this comes in so many forms .
I never realised i was socially "awkward" and had social anxiety until i was in my 30s after many years destroyed by self medicating with drink .
Go to YouTube and research social anxiety and anxiety in general ,theres alot of help out there these days .
Being so fearful of hurting others can be OCD that comes with anxiety ,basically your brain over thinks things .this is my take on it ,,dont diagnose yourself off me.
Take care.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's actually pretty normal if you haven't held a baby to be worried about it. I think most people are the first time. When it comes up, just tell the person you haven't done it before, and they will help you. It's easier if you're sitting down.

For toddlers? Well they're pretty much made of rubber, so you can kind of just follow their lead.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00