On Getting Old

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
What makes me want to stay alive is the realization that whatever painful woes I have is the price I have to pay for the blessings I have. It's the dues I have to pay. After all, when we go to the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread, we have to pay the cashier. It's the same with Life itself. Sure, I still have pain, but I don't suffer if I simply pay my dues.

Waves

What makes me want to stay alive is the realization that whatever painful woes I have is the price I have to pay for the blessings I have. It's the dues I have to pay. After all, when we go to the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread, we have to pay the cashier. It's the same with Life itself. Sure, I still have pain, but I don't suffer if I simply pay my dues.
I would agree if the woes were not woefully painful. Can't survive without security and funds. Many die from lack of means to survive much less live.

Dev

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I am with you @Devenny It is likely to be the lack of funds that finally drives me out of this life. Kind of sucks that money could be the determining factor. But such is life in our world these days.

Waves

I am with you @Devenny It is likely to be the lack of funds that finally drives me out of this life. Kind of sucks that money could be the determining factor. But such is life in our world these days.
That is criminal Bear. We are the richest country and have people living below poverty level. We need a people's revolution. We have b become complacent and in my case depressed. I am sorry Bear.

Dev

Waves

I'm getting old. Being old sucks. But so does being young. Money or the lack of it won't ever kill me. I'm so much larger than money.
I wish money wasn't an issue. When can't eat or have shelter and with health problems it is large. Larger than me. Basic survival need unfortunately. Survival.
Dev

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I wish money wasn't an issue. When can't eat or have shelter and with health problems it is large. Larger than me. Basic survival need unfortunately. Survival.
Dev
Money stops being an issue when there is none around. I'm totally ready to become a bum if I have to return to the US. I crossed that mental Rubicon long ago. If it happens, it will be the start of an adventure, a story, a myth:)

Waves

Money stops being an issue when there is none around. I'm totally ready to become a bum if I have to return to the US. I crossed that mental Rubicon long ago. If it happens, it will be the start of an adventure, a story, a myth:)
I would agree if under 50. Age and health issues come after 55 like a tornado. Need support then. We can agree to disagree. Check again when you are 65

Dev

Claudia UK

As well as having to live on less than we made before because nobody wants to hire somebody whose age begins with a 6
Believe it or not; I will be 54 next week and couldn't find a job because of my age. Even if you are fit and healthy they wont take the risk. I have even been told by one employer that it would be to risky as people my age are getting sick more often. !! :mad: What an A*hole!

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Believe it or not; I will be 54 next week and couldn't find a job because of my age. Even if you are fit and healthy they wont take the risk. I have even been told by one employer that it would be to risky as people my age are getting sick more often. !! :mad: What an A*hole!
I know for a fact that I'm a million times better employee at 53 than I was at 23. I was constantly calling in sick back then because my top priority was partying. And when I was there I wasn't a particularly hard worker, because hard work isn't 'fun' so my attitude was 'screw that'. Too bad that a-hole will never know he's passing on the hardest working and most dependable group of people he could possibly hire.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I know for a fact that I'm a million times better employee at 53 than I was at 23. I was constantly calling in sick back then because my top priority was partying. And when I was there I wasn't a particularly hard worker, because hard work isn't 'fun' so my attitude was 'screw that'. Too bad that a-hole will never know he's passing on the hardest working and most dependable group of people he could possibly hire.
Not to mention the only group that's willing to do hard work now days.

Claudia UK

Hear Hear!!! x

crazyk

SF Supporter
I'm getting old. Being old sucks. But so does being young. Money or the lack of it won't ever kill me. I'm so much larger
I'm getting old. Being old sucks. But so does being young. Money or the lack of it won't ever kill me. I'm so much larger than money.
Since we’re the same age I guess I’m getting old too. Seriously, though, my Body hurts so much already I can’t imagine how it’s going to be down the road. Being young sucks just for different reasons

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Since we’re the same age I guess I’m getting old too. Seriously, though, my Body hurts so much already I can’t imagine how it’s going to be down the road.
Yeah at our age pain starts moving in and becoming a roommate. I try not to think about what it could be like 20 or 30 years down the line. For some people that age getting up and walking to another room becomes a major expedition that they have to plan and prepare for. It's important to keep in mind that the more we take care of ourselves today, the easier it will be for us to get up and go to the john 30 years from now.

crazyk

SF Supporter
I know for a fact that I'm a million times better employee at 53 than I was at 23. I was constantly calling in sick back then because my top priority was partying. And when I was there I wasn't a particularly hard worker, because hard work isn't 'fun' so my attitude was 'screw that'. Too bad that a-hole will never know he's passing on the hardest working and most dependable group of people he could possibly hire.[/
Yeah at our age pain starts moving in and becoming a roommate. I try not to think about what it could be like 20 or 30 years down the line. For some people that age getting up and walking to another room becomes a major expedition that they have to plan and prepare for. It's important to keep in mind that the more we take care of ourselves today, the easier it will be for us to get up and go to the john 30 years from now.
i keep telling myself that but I still take sh*t care of myself. I think I may have the ole passive attempt going on (subconsciously)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
i keep telling myself that but I still take sh*t care of myself. I think I may have the ole passive attempt going on (subconsciously)
Compared to the way I used to take care of myself in my younger years, today I'm like a spandex wearing, jazzercising health guru, but looking at it objectively, not so much. Yeah, that passive subconscious thing probably has something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Hard for me to believe. Amazing and maybe even miraculous that I nowadays actually love Reality. Back in the day I used to escape into fantasy in order to escape reality. But Reality still remained. Gradually, though, throughout the years and even the decades, I gained knowledge from my experiences and as a result formulated some ideas of my own which I applied to my life in reality. Although we at this forum share ideas, I found that the ideas I formulated are uniquely for my own problems. And this is the case for human beings in general, that the solutions that we find for ourselves are unique to each individual. Don't let society brainwash you. Eventually you will learn to actually love Reality--as I do now.

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00