On hurting others as a consequence.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rainmaker, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainmaker

Rainmaker New Member

I notice many health professionals and non-professionals point to how our "loved ones" will feel should we go through with our suicidal thoughts. It is an effective leverage but it also more guilt, which is why I'm thinking about ending things in the first place. Some would suggest I am a coward for contemplating leaving this world...more guilt. That's what I need to feel guilty about feeling bad about myself to the point of wanting to kill myself. Basically people are suggesting that I stick around because the other people in my life, who seem to be doing fine right now, will feel terrible pain if I leave. Basically I have to live with my terrible pain so they continue to have happy oblivious lives. Plus if I decide to leave, I'm a coward and my spirit will go to some horrific place to suffer for all eternity because I checked out early. Murders and rapists get to bask in the arms of the almighty because they repent, but because I'm dead before there is an opportunity for redemption I go straight to hell no matter how I feel about it after.
    Guilt is a powerful weapon. People have used it all through my life to get me to do whatever they want and now they use it to chain me to this horrible useless existence on the off chance that those in my life will suddenly be unhappy by my passing, or God almighty will burn my flesh for all eternity or feed me to demons, because I was going through hell and could take anymore in life. Does that seem a little messed up to anyone?
    Here is the thing. Despite all of those awful terrible things that may happen to those who know me and the possibility of being served up on Lucifer's buffet table, I'm still thinking about leaving this ridiculously judgmental and crappy world. What does that tell you about the world in which we live?
    Where is the responsibility of our supposed loved ones to make things better for us? Where is the responsibility of society for creating such a world that is so unlivable? If I check out and people feel guilty about it...well maybe they should?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If I check out and people feel guilty about it...well maybe they should?

A lot of people feel this way - a serve them right attitude - and "teach them a lesson" -- but it is of no use to you if you are gone and can't see it - you will never know or feel satisfaction about it - and it is likely the worst reason I can think of to "check out". So far as feeling guilty - yes - there is a social responsibility to others for certain - even if it they did not treat you with the same courtesy - 2 wrongs do not make a right.

I would be far more interested and likely would be a more productive conversation if you wanted to share the reasons you are considering it to start with ? What has got you to this point to begin with?

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Rainmaker, welcome to SF hun - I hear your pain and struggles - I do have some "answers" concerning the above, which cannot be "definitive" due to God being a big subject and spiritual (so 'unprovable') but the bottom line seems to be that 'guilt' is your UBF (unbearable feeling) - and if you found the way to remedy this (without exiting) things would make a whole lot more sense for you, and you'd feel a lot stronger.

We don't know the transactions that take place (if any) between murderers/rapists etc. and God. Many might scoff at the idea of repenting - but God's offer still stands for anyone acknowledging their need of forgiveness and then meeting the conditions (putting themselves in the right place) to receive it, no matter what they have done. Meanwhile, the self-righteous who believe they have no need of repentence don't understand about the offer or refuse to have anything to do with it as being too far beneath them.

As for God serving the suicided souls up on Lucifer's table........ is God then a worse parent than you are/would be? If your child runs home from school the first day saying "It's too hard, I can't do it, I don't belong there" - what would you do as a mum/dad? God cannot be less of a parent than we would be and we would not march our child straight to the Headmaster's office and demand a caning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.