On the edge

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mordeci, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I feel terriable about myself, my situation and the prospects for life in general. Nothing is ever going to change no matter how badly I want them to or how many positive thoughts I throw at them. I let my weight issues get way too out of control, and my depression issue seems to be getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do to change my life, I only seem to be able to come up with ways to end it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard when your depression takes over and your so deep down you feel like no way in hell you can get out. It takes time and alot of work but you can pull yourself out again and again in hope someday you won't have to pull yourself out as deep as before. I understand the hopelessness feeling but also understand it is my mind being so clouded with depression i am not thinking straight Depression sucks but there are new medication just have to try until get one that works Wellbutrin actually helps take weight off my daughter was put on this as her weight was getting way out of control take care.

3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I hope I'm not being redundant in suggesting an aerobic exercise program like walking or bicycle riding. Aerobic exercise has controlled my depression far better than any medication and it goes without saying exercise is better than any one of a million frustrating and restrictive diets alone for controlling weight. :console:

4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Exercise dosen't work for me, nothing does. I just called my doctor and told her thursday will be my last appointment i think I am ready to leave.

5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am not arguing with you Mordeci but it took months of running before I felt relief from my depression. ECT and medication barely touched my depression so my psychiatrist suggested I continue the exercise. Running is very hard for me because I am always so drained and fatigued from insomnia- but it really controls my depression. Oh well, we are all individuals. I hope you get relief as soon as possible :console: and find your way out of despair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.