on the edge....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by **katie**, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **katie**

**katie** Member

My life is a mess, I have created so many problems for myself, my family, there doesnt seem to be any way out, I just want to die.....feeling so bad, sorry for my family having to deal with me, they will be best if i am gone. There is only one way out.
    Really just needed to write this down to SOMEONE. Dont know what to do

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Katie - I care, and I'm glad you're here.
    None of us wound up here because life was going well. There are solutions to your problems.
    We are a caring community who will offer you support and encouragement. You can post what you need to, without being criticized (within reason, check the FAQ)
    Your family will NOT be better off without you. No matter what the troubles, to lose you through suicide would cruelly hurt them forever and leave them with questions they can never answer. There are several here who lost loved ones or close friends to suicide. Ask them what it's like.

You are important to us, and we will try to help you. Just keep posting and let us know what's going on.

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Katie,

I am glad you are sharing your feelings here and hope you benefit from the emotional support offered here....I hope some of the lows you are feeling lift soon. Your family sure sounds like they have a caring nature.....maybe you can discuss your situation with someone close to you so that he or she can offer words of encouragement and comfort.

Most of the time, I find that discussion about how I feel can be relieving when others indicate acceptance of me for who I am....the nature of caring leaves a lasting impact on me, and I hope it does for you too.....please take care. :hug:

Alex

4. **katie**

**katie** Member

I think they will be better off because i cause them pain all the time. I get depressed eaily, often. Then i drink to feel good for awhile. Then i drink way too much, get nasty, look stupid, i have driven drunk, got arrested, TWICE, charges have created big debt, they are all sick of me. i dont blame them. i am trying to write a good letter for them. to say sorry i have not been the mother/wife they deserve, and it is not anyones fault, only mine, i am the problem. it is a dark deep hole, i just keep falling more and more...

5. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

You said you haven't been a good mother/wife. So I take it you have kids. How old are they? No matter how much you think you've messed up, they still love you and they need a mother. I would be devestated if my mom suddenly died.

What you need to do (and I know it's hard), you need to tell someone how depressed you are. I know it's the hardest part, but you will feel like the world has been lifted off you're shoulders. Once you get help, I garentee you'll start to feel better. it's a process.

And my name is Katie too! :)

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

There is always a better choice than suicide. I'm sure your family will miss you dearly if you decided to end your life. Even if you feel like no one cares, we care about you. So please just keep us updated and I hope you will feel better soon.

7. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

There's always other options then suicide. However I'm sure you family and love one would miss you dearly because it's hard to loose someone close it really is. Christy is right we do care for you. So, I hope you continue to share your feelings, emotions, and thoughts with us. However, there's no pressure, and we won't judge you for whatever you decide to do. Because, in the end whatever you decide is your choice. I hope you feel a little better soon :hug:

Trevor,

8. **katie**

**katie** Member

damn hard to get out of bed and have to face myself again, just cant take it any more, each day is worse, my life is truly over

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Well you got out of bed and you are facing the day even though you are having a hard time, so I think that's brave. :smile:

10. **katie**

**katie** Member

Haahaaa, yea, guess its kinda brave. still it feels crappy to think

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah sometimes it can be hard, but things will eventually get easier.

12. **katie**

**katie** Member

the future looks very bleak, more i think about it

13. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Yes, it can look bleak. Most of us can identify.
    There are solutions to your problems that don't involve hurting yourself'
    Maybe you can't see them yet.
    That's why you come here with your fears, disappointments and hurts.

Please stick around and keep posting - someday, yours might be the voice that pulls me from the dark edge.

14. Witty_Sarcasm

It can look bleak because you're depressed, but that doesn't mean it will always be that way. There are so many great things in life that you can experience, if you just hang in there. It's easiest to take things one day at a time and not think about what might or might not happen in the future. Just focus on today.

15. katefate4

katefate4 New Member

im feeling the same way to katie and by the way my name is katie to kate for short

16. Tmacster1

Sometimes the future does seem bleak... I wish it didn't but it just is at times in my life and others. I'm not feeling that way at the moment - but I can understand... I just had to push myself on my own because my family didn't seem to want to help me. But, I'm here now still driving even though I still suffer from the suicidal thoughts and the depression episodes. I'm sorry to hear that your feeling the same way Kate.

Trevor,

17. Witty_Sarcasm

Kate, I read your message that you posted on your profile and responded. I just want you to know that I am here for you if you want to talk, anytime. Or anyone else that you want to talk to for that matter. Don't be afraid to talk because that's a good way to help get out your feelings and get support.

18. Tmacster1

I hope you feel better soon Kate :hug: I sure don't like feeling like that, and I know that you don't deserve what your feelings. I hope you continue to share you emotions, feelings, and thoughts with us. Don't be worried to share because we won't judge you. It shows a lot that you are here seeking help.

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.