On the topic of ASMR

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by RandomL, Jul 19, 2015.

1. RandomL

RandomL Member

I hope this is the best sub-forum for this, so here goes.

Something that has helped me cope over the past few years is something called ASMR. The abbreviation stands for 'Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response'.

I'm aware that some individuals listen or watch ASMR and feel no effects throughout the duration of the video; but I thought it could be worth pursuing the topic here to find others that may benefit from the experience. It consists of different objects that make sounds to whispering in a microphone. ASMR has picked up a lot over time; and there are tons of different kinds of videos out there to enjoy.

My favorite videos consist of either whispering or eating. If I was sitting down at a table and someone next to me was chewing rather loudly; I'd probably feel annoyed. In the setting of ASMR; it produces a calming effect for me. I also believe that my natural curiosity towards different types of foods influences this as well. There are plenty of videos that have the theme of a 'Caring friend'. Those have also been a great help to me; even if it's just a video. It still produces a calming effect for me; the feeling of being cared for.

If anyone is interested, I could try finding a few good sample videos to share. I'll even include one or two to see if anyone can benefit from this as much as I have. Just be aware that it isn't a feeling that you may experience the first few times that you watch or listen to a video. However, I find that I feel far more relaxed after the first ten minutes or so. If you find yourself laying in bed and unable to fall asleep; go ahead and give it a try.

Eating sounds and various types of candy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65SgDYUWA7c

Caring friend roleplay, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrMCzCOQAEQ

I hope this proves to be beneficial for some of you; even if it comes across as slightly weird. All the best.