On the Verge of Panic

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Purple_Thorn, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do. I've tried multiple coping skills but nothing is working. I can still feel myself on that line between panic and okay. But I keep wobbling towards panic and I don't know why. I can feel it in my body, panicking, so close to panicking. And I don't know what to do to help myself.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you have anything to take that might help calm you down? If not, then maybe call a suicide hotline? I've had that panicky feeling before, its truly dreadful!

3. Purple_Thorn

Purple_Thorn Well-Known Member

I've tried taking my PRN, but it hasn't or won't help, I took it long enough ago that it should have kicked in. I've taken a shower, eaten, tried so much. Now I'm pushing the panic down, trying to hide it from my family, so I can feel the panic in the pit of my stomach, bees buzzing around.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

How are you feeling now hun?

If you're still feeling panicky, have you tried the 'Butterfly' hug? I find it actually helps me most times.

You cross your arms over your chest and very lightly one by one tap your fingers on your upper arms in a slow pace... it calms the brain down by cross stimulation somehow.

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon hun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.