Once again i fail.....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by shadowheart, Oct 12, 2008.

1. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

My mum and dad came home from a little holiday today, to find that I (in an attempt to make them proud of me....and make them happy with me for once)......had cleaned all the house, vacumed, dusted cleaned all the benches and dishes....washed dried and folded all the clothes, mowed the lawns and done everything i could think of.....and what do they do?!?!?!?

THANK MY BROTHER!!!! for doing what? weeding the tiny garden.....they say NOTHING to me.....NOTHING!!!!

and THEN....to realy say thankyou for my efforts....they bow up at me for panning on getting a new piercing when i turn 18!!!!

what do they call me?? a dirty tramp...a whore......disgusting.....A FUCKING DISAPOINTMENT......

I have had enough! IM ON THE FUCKING HONOURS LIST AT SCHOOL! but no, it means nothing......no matter what i do....they can ignore it and find something that i have done that makes them wonder "what went wrong when we were raising you"

Oh my gosh i cant take it any more!!!

I want to get out! someone please hep me!!!! :sad:
  2. black dove

black dove Well-Known Member

oh thats terrible, im really sorry. my parents are similar. i hope your study is going allright. good luck xx
  3. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

hunni x my family are simular. never mind the achievements just talk about the flaws. thats just the parents r if they want to take stress out. my parents are like that all the time. i hope that they will soon understand you and respect you for who you are. xx take care and stay safe xx

Xx Sky xX
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Shadowheart. Don't let your parents get to you. I'm sure they love you, they just have a hard time showing it. Did you let your parents know that it was you who cleaned up the whole house? Also, some people are really turned off by piercings. :hug:
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Them calling you names like that is bullshit. How old are you? Parents can really be difficult when you are a teenager, but when you're 18, you can leave and be on your own. The good news is, as you get older, the relationship with your parents will stabilize and get a lot better.

Actually, it is a biological imperative at that age to fight with our parents/children. We need to fight with each other so that the kids will leave the nest. If we didn't, kids would never go out on their own and parents would never want them to leave and become independent. It happens in every family, no matter how "perfect".
  6. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

People underestimate how much it can hurt to try your hardest and still be told it's not good enough.
    They're taking you for granted, dear. It's hard, but-- know that you don't need their approval to be who you are. If they don't like the thought of you getting a piercing when you're 18, then don't talk about it. Once you're an adult, it's no business of theirs what you do with your body.
  7. shadowheart

Thanks heaps guys :]

you hav all made me feel a whole lot better. :]
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I have never considered the biological aspect of fighting with our parents before, but it does make a lot of sense. I have never really fought with my parents before. I have argued with them, when an argument was needed, but I try my best to get along with them. I'm 27 and have no intentions of leaving home anytime soon. I'd rather have money in my bank account and live at home then be broke and on my own.
  9. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Yup I agree it makes sense. But sometimes we need to look beyond our gut feelings. If she's still in school and likely have the money to move out then picking fights with their daughter is only going to make her feel like shit for no constructive reason.

Hope things get better for you but I also feel like you ought to move out ASAP. You don't want to spend one minute in that environment that you don't have to.
  10. shadowheart

thanks heaps everyone.....i think i will be moving out at the end of the year. it will be hard coz my job doesnt pay well, and i hav to comute a lot. but as long as i can get support from all you....im sure it will be better than where im stuck atm......
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

i am sorry to hear that your parents treat you with such disdain. I remember my sister getting praise for what seemed like every little thing, while I would either be ignored or in trouble for things.I was expected to maintain straight A's while she was rewarded monetarily if she had C's or above. I never received payment for grades. I was expected to cook, clean, and take care of my younger siblings while she had no responsiblities and a big deal would be made out of it if she did anything. I found out years later that because I had always done what I was supposed to and she hadn't, it was expected that I do it and no recognition. Maybe this is the case for you and your brother. Your parents should not be speaking to you in this way. It is very disrespectful and an overreaction to a piercing. I hope things will improve over the next few months. :hug: