Once Again I F'd Up My Marriage!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

When we got back together one of the 'conditions' was that I had to stop smoking. So I went on the patch. Then money got tight and I had a hard time affording the patch. So I started doing snus.

And well one thing led to another and I am smoking again.

And tonight, I am going to hear about it. And tonight I am sure that my marriage will end. Oh I wont be moving out tonight. She wont kick me out into the cold. But the plans will be made.

I am such an idiot!

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I would just apologize and get things situated to you will be able to go back on the patch.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

You were making an obvious effort.

No offense, but it would seem ridiculous for her to kick you out when you were honestly trying to kick a forceful habit.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't get it a marriage ending over cigarettes senseless If you were smoking when you married then she cannot just expect you to drop it as it is an addiction. She cannot have all the controls you are your own person and she has got to respect your decisions as well. Hard because i would see all the positives you have accomplished and not worry about the little ones you haven't smoking is not a sin or even a bad addiction i hope she sees the good in you and your strength for trying.

5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I agree with Violet. Agreeing to try and give up cigarettes is one thing as a basis for trying again with your marriage but ending it because you've not succeeded is insane. Just try again! By the way, is your wife the epitome of perfection because there seems to be multiple stipulations regarding what you must do to keep your marriage intact? What's she doing?