Once you're a suicider, you'll always be a suicider

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but once you start idealizing about suicide or if
    you have a past suicide attempt, you'll always turn to suicide whenever
    you get sad. I don't know why this happens, but i think it's because it becomes
    the mechanism in your head that react to whenever you feel sad, it
    goes stray to you think about ways and methods to kill yourself. As
    this happened to you guys.

2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yep....I'm a 'suicider'

3. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Me too. I am a suicider. I first thought about suicide when I was in the army. Since then, I always thought about suicide whenever things got too tough for me to handle.

Teck

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i agree, unfortunately im a suicider too:mad: whenever i feel sad, suicide is always the first thing on my mind.

5. crackedglass

crackedglass Well-Known Member

yer i think that does happen not sure why though, but since i was 13 and took my first attempted OD that i can remember, ive always thought about suicide when things go wrong..i managed a few years without any attempts then in july this year everything went down hill and i started trying again..i think im kinda programmed to do it..although hopefully when i next try it will work, but even small problems turn into bigger ones because i seem to go on self destruct mode and cause myself a hell of a lot more trouble then i originally had..people say we all have a unique gift i think mine is mucking things up..sorry for the random rambling..but hey i guess i actually fit into a group for once..im a "suicider" too.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Ain't nothin' wrong with that. I'm proud to be a suicider. TAKE LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!! Yeah, that's my motto.

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i can have long stretches of time without thoughts of suicide, but it does tend to pop up again. i first attempted when i was 17, never thought of it in my 30s, now i'm in my 40's and it has popped back. it's like a mental groove, i slip into familiar patterns of thinking.

still, the best thing i've learned now is that just because i think of suicide, doesn't mean i have to act on those thoughts. i can put distance between thoughts and actions, and in that distance i can ask for help.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yep!! I am a suicider. Have attempted twice. I think about it everyday. I use my coping skills to help put it behind me for the day. Then the next day I have to start all over again. I have been thinking of doing it again. my mind tells me to go back into the hospital. I don't feel they think I am a danger to myself. Boy are they way off track. Death doesn't bother me, because I have done pretty much everything I wanted to do in this lifetime. I think it is going to piss off my therapist because she has helped me quite abit. I try to talk about it in therapy but she always changes the subject. Yea sooner or later I am going thru with it. ~Joseph~

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Tbh, i don't believe this. I belive that it is very hard to come out the other side of thinking about suicide, but i think you can do it and i think you can completely quit. Thats just my opinion.
    Me, i don't think i'll ever get out of thinking about suicide. I'm a suicider too i guess.

10. Gunner

Gunner New Member

I've always been a suicider. This quote reflects my life.
    "Pain and Despair Live Behind the Mask of Sanity and Success".
    I too am now getting older and I am tired of fighting the daily fight to live on.
    And I'm done maintaining the high quality of life the family is used to. My life insurance can now take care of that.
    For me, there will be no attempts at suicide. I will commit suicide.
    I would just like one more thing before I go.... A good nights sleep. :)

11. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

u know most life insurance will be denied if they find out it's suicide, right?

12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Being suicidal does not define a person. It is not a part of them. The feelings arise for a reason that can be found and eliminated. There are no hopeless cases. No one was meant to be suicidal, or has to just learn to "deal with it." It can be with you lifelong, but it can only be with you, it cannot be a part of you.

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Apparently, there are brain differences between suicidal and non-suicidal people, that scientists just discovered. I'm not suicidal and I doubt that I will ever be suicidal, unless something really drastic happens to me like getting into a really bad accident etc. I kind of agree with the statement, 'once a suicider, always a suicider,' because it will always be seen as a way out. I dont view suicide as a way out of my problems. I choose to deal with my problems and overcome them if possible or just make the best of the situation.

14. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

It's very true.

I hadn't felt suicidal for 6 months, then I started up again. Thus, I post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.