One Bad Experience

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forgotten_Man, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

So I recently had an experience that was a bad one, hence the subject. Anyway, I have told many people that this one bad experience has brought me to the conclusion that I should give up that certain something. But when I say I am giving that up people tell me that I am making a mistake and should not give up after just one bad experience.

My question is why do people tell me that? The way I see things I am doing the right thing. I am taking measures to prevent pain and unhappiness on my part. Yet I am the one making the mistake. That just does not make sense to me. Why is it that people tell me this?

Keep in mind this is a general question. The question is you try something and it is bad. Therefore to not experience the bad again you are giving up on ever trying that experience again. This means I am not going to tell you guys what I gave up or the reasons I chose to give it up.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are the only one that knows whether you should really give up something or not. There are things that shouldn't be given up, but without knowing your situation, I really cannot say why people are telling you not to give up whatever it is. I hope you are able to make the best decision for you, not for someone else. take care and stay safe.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I do not see why the situation matters so much but ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.