One for the road

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Last call, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last call

Last call New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to this, so please bare with me. I have tried to commit suicide as recently as 2011. I have learned to cope with my depression and anxiety sense then. I've recently come across some very trying times recently and I've found talking to other like minded individuals helps, which led me here. Hope to meet some good people and build some new relationships.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi last call. so many people in similar situations as you describe come here. Its a great community. or many people find it to be great for them. People here can be honest about how we feel. No one is going to reject us for saying how we REALLY feel. And yes, we are like minded. Because we all grapple with similar feelings and thoughts.

Some people have come to feel that sf is their safe haven and even family. Please write as much or as little as you want about yourself and your circumstances. lots of places in which to write here. Glad you are here !!!
  3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

nice to meet you, i look forward to getting to know you both in the forum and maybe even in chat :)
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Last Call and big, warm welcome to SF's.. Lots of other good ppl here..we take ppl just fine the way you come.. Don't judge or put you down..just try to get to know you some and hopefully become friends..

Got any questions about the place please just let us know..later, Jim
  5. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Great to have you here are so good to see that you have the coping skills to reach out...

For me too, staying out of anxiety and depression comes down to using dozens of coping skills every day, that I had to learn over time.

Being here is one of those small positive daily habits that can help us all feel connected : )
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

welcome to the forum...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.