One Less Reason To Hang On?-Venting

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sleepwalk, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

So one of the things that has kept me hanging on is concern over how my ex would handle it. Long story short, she was a friend, she was married, we crossed the line, fell in love, they split, but in the end the she went back to him. That said, even after they reunited we stayed in contact and continued to meet, once again underground. Neither of us wanted to let go.

After a long break we've been e-mailing recently and she said in her last e-mail that she feels better about us and can think about me without feeling sad. The memories make her smile instead of hurting like hell.

I'm glad she's moving on, or as glad as I can be. My ultimate wish was that she be happy. I'm thinking now I should simply say goodbye and that it's in both of our interests to move on, cease all communication with her, and drift off into her past before I take that final step. I still worry about how she will react when she hears, but I'm less concerned about that than I have been.

2. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

She will obvious suffer if she finds you're gone, no matter what she says now or what you think.

With that said, you have to realise you can't make the feelings of someone else be your reason to live. I made that mistake once and I regret it everyday of my life. You have to broaden your horizons. This world might not be perfect, but it's big and full of stuff. Stop for a moment and think about yourself, think about who you'd like to be and how to get there. Even more now that it seems that it's over with that friend of yours, it's time you start living for yourself and find your own real reason to move foward. I have faith you can do it my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.