One Little Victory

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeatherâ„¢
SF Supporter
One Little Victory...a song from the Rush album Vapor Trails, one that I try to keep in my back pocket to drive me forward when things seem really grim and hopeless.

The really big victories may often be elusive, and few and far between, but little victories usually abound, unbeknownst to us when we are in the grip of depression and its often unrelenting cyclone.

My little victory today: I forced myself to get out of the apartment on a Saturday night to go to a crowded bar to see my friend's 80s cover band play....by myself...

What was YOUR little victory today?

Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
that's great that you had the courage to do that. and you're right the big victories are geat but it's the little victories that keep us going. my little victory today is I went cruising and took my wife places in my dodge for over 5 hours...mike...*bravo*starsu

LonelyHiker

SF Supporter
My son, who is autistic, struggled with a meltdown while we were in a long line for a popular ride at King's Dominion today. Some guy was shooting us dirty looks. I shut him down. My son recovered and made it through the line.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My son, who is autistic, struggled with a meltdown while we were in a long line for a popular ride at King's Dominion today. Some guy was shooting us dirty looks. I shut him down. My son recovered and made it through the line.
I understand having an autistic child can be challenging. people should understand and not stare or say anything a situation like that is difficult enough. i'm sorry that you had to go through that. before I joined SF I didn't know much about autism and would have thought it was a discipline problem not a medical one. I think they should teach people about it so they would know the difference. you are a good parent and I hope you meet more tolerant people in the future...mike..*console*hug

LonelyHiker

SF Supporter
I took a chance and reactivated my OkCupid membership a few days ago, just for laughs really and with zero expectations. To my surprise, I connected with a wonderful lady with a lot of the same interests. We've texted and chatted on the phone, and I am meeting her for coffee on Sunday. At the very least, I've made a friend.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I took a chance and reactivated my OkCupid membership a few days ago, just for laughs really and with zero expectations. To my surprise, I connected with a wonderful lady with a lot of the same interests. We've texted and chatted on the phone, and I am meeting her for coffee on Sunday. At the very least, I've made a friend.
that's great *bravo i Ihope it works out either way and you have a lot of fun...mike...*hug*stars

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00