One meal a day...To none

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DarkBeauty, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkBeauty

DarkBeauty Member

For the last month I have eaten one meal a day if that. I lost 10lbs in that period and I'm really happy because it's going away so fast. I know that it's not good to stop eating all together but I started thinking that maybe if I stop eating I will lose more weight faster. Due to being tried on so many different medications I have gained a lot of weight now that I'm off those meds and am stable on what I'am taking I think it's time for me to give up food all together.
  2. Disappointment

Disappointment New Member

I'm probably not the best person to say this, but you really really shouldn't be giving up food altogether. It can really damage your health. If you're looking to lose weight, try exercising more, or only if you need to, dieting maybe?

Like I said, I'm probably not the best person to say that but food is energy. No energy, no life. Take care :)
  3. Diseased88

Diseased88 Active Member

When you start to lose too many calories, your body goes into "starvation mode" making it more difficult to lose fat. Your most likely losing muscle mass, which is very dangerous.
  4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

okay, so i'm going to sound like a hypocrite, but it's not like that.. you don't want to give up all food. you will feel gross all the time and you'll think about it 24/7. If you want to lose weight, go on a healthy diet plan an exercise, but dont give up food. It's much easier to give it up than to bring it back into your life.
  5. CrimsonTears

CrimsonTears Member

Like has been said...please don't give up food is not a good idea...and may result in a binge...which will make you feel even worse...try exercising and eating healthily...but please don't give up food a balanced diet and exercise...and you will lose weight that way

Here if you want to talk
    Be safe and stay strong
  6. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

everyone has already said it. dont give up food. you might think that losing some weight by starving will be fine, but its not. you gain that weight back so damm fast once you start eating again, and if your body goes into starvation mode, its even worse.

ed's suck. having one sucks. it just makes everything else that much worse.
    believe the words that have been written. its the truth.

take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.