One Monday Morning, One Less Teenager (Caution, May Trigger)

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Godsdrummer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So on my way to work yesterday with the radio on as always and as always, the traffic report came on. In this particular report, it mentioned how a commuter train was running late. No big deal, I thought, trains run late all the time.

Until I heard why the train was late. Seems that it hit and killed a teenage boy. And that police were suspecting suicide.

Here's the thing, I dont know this boy. It happened probably 60 miles from where I work and probably 100 miles from where I live.

So why am I posting about this strange kid, in the love and lost forum? I mean part of the reality of life on this planet, is that people die everyday. It's just a fact we all deal with.

And none of us feel for the death of that person in (insert country name here) that died yesterday or just now. We can't. If we were to mourn the death of every human being at any given moment around this globe, we wouldnt be able to function.

So we go on with our lives and we mourn when it affects us, personnally, as we should.

So again the question, why am I post about this strange kid?

I guess because I started thinking it from my perspective as a person who suffers from a varying degree of mental illness.

I thought about that morning, when he woke up.
    I thought about the night before, did he get any sleep?
    I thought about the tragic loss his parents are surely feeling.
    I thought about the tragic loss his best friend is feeling.
    Ditto for his girlfriend.
    I felt sorrow for the conductor of the train that didnt realize it until it was too late.
    I felt sorrow for the emergency responders who had to see that.
    I think about his school and how there will no doubt be counselors on hand.

And then there is the extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins. What if he had a brother or sister? What if that sibling was young, say 4 or 5 and asked, where's so and so?

I didnt know you, my boy, but I prayed for your soul. may you find the peace in heaven that you couldnt find here on earth.

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I agree, it's a shame

RIP

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yes it is. They say, (As I speak from experience) that alcoholism is a disease that is cunning, baffling and powerful.
    Alcoholism cant hold a candle to suidical ideation.

if anyone doubts the reason for this forum and others like it, they shouldnt anymore.

i dont know if this forum could have saved that boy, but I do know it could have given him options he may not have thought of, or perhaps put things into a different perspective.