One more thing to worry about!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by theleastofthese, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I need some help here. I just discovered my 14 yr old daughter cut herself "just to see what it's like". She didn't tell me this, her sister did. Their older sister came over the other day and talked to 14 yr old about it. (I didn't know that was why she came over til yesterday) I don't know what they said or if older sister was able to talk little sister out of harming herself again. I'm making an appt with my Pdoc for 14 yr old, as she already has "issues" and now this!:sad:

I'm at a loss here and don't know what to do or say to her.

least

2. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

:hug:

Well done for making an appointment for your daughter with your pdoc! :smile:

You are doing all the right things. Just be there for her and do not blame yourself.

Very proud of you,

:hug: :hug: x x x

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

It will be all right hun, she tried it (bit like a first cigaretteI guess). Doesnt mean she's going to carry on. The appointment with the doc is a great idea.

Keep ya chin up

4. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I don't think trying it to see what it's like is bad, so long as she never EVER tries it again. Just be supportive.

5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun, sorry to hear about your daughter, lets hope it was just experimentation and that it will end there.
    Can you talk to her older sister and find out what was said?
    You are a good mum S, you are already looking at ways to help her, do you think she would talk to you about it if you were to ask her,'was there anything she wanted to talk to you about?'

Take care hun
    :hug: Hazel xo

6. theleastofthese

No, she hates me and defies me and opposes me in every possible way. She never fails to remind me that "dad doesn't treat me like this" (insisting she clean up after herself and do chores...:dry: ) and that she's moving in with dad end of the school year and "not coming back!!!!!" I'll ask her if she wants to talk but I have to find a time she isn't sleeping all afternoon or on the computer or video game or with her iPod surgically inserted in her ears with the volume on full blast...:sad: I"ll do what I can but it's also possible she'll REFUSE to see the Pdoc and/or blame all her problems on me - like she always does anyway.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

any more pressure and I'm going to crack...

7. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

It's kinda odd seeing this all from the adult end of the spectrum...
    Hope you can figure it out! :hug:

8. theleastofthese

The adult end of the spectrum is not necessarily more knowledgeable than the younger end, just got more years on 'em, that's all.:dry:

I too hope I get it figured out before I lose my grip on what little sanity I have left.:blink:

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Least, do u ever feel like legging it and taking on a whole new identity.....Really considering it meself at the moment:mad: Can so identify with the one more thing and I crack thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.