One new friend who wants to be more

Ever since I had to move away from my friends after my parents dies, I have had to worst time making friends. I have been talking to a guy in my Chem class. I thought we were becoming friends, but he ended up asking me out. I do not want a boyfriend right now, I just want a friend. What should I do? I might like this guy, but the timing is way off.

Bigman2232

So tell him that. If he has legitimate feelings for you and was actually a friend, he'll stick around. If you explain that it really is just the timing, he'll probably be willing to wait. And if he is willing, then you know you have someone that actually cares and isn't just acting on initial attraction alone.

The major issue though is to not end up stringing him along. If after a certain period, you realize that it's not just about the timing, you should let him know so that he doesn't miss something else because he still thinks he's got a chance for more with you.

I hope that he turns out to be mature enough to handle his feelings and that you two work out, whether that be just as friends or as something more.

I told him, and he seems OK with it. From what I can see, he seems like a nice guy. He also doesn't mind emotion. He made sure I was OK the other day when I started crying during class and ran out of the room.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00