One of my friend's died last week :(

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Autumn01, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I just found out through an email this morning that one of my friend's died last week :( Her husband sent me an email and her other friends- that she passed away last Thursday night :( I am soooo sad. I never met her in person as she lives in CA and I'm in AZ- we started talking through another forum site and then became friends- We sent each other a few Christmas and Birthday cards and had talked on the phone a few times. She leaves a 20 year old son behind too. I don't know why she died- I feel just awful. I know she had been depressed before so that makes me think that she committed suicide :( I don't know if she did or not. I hadn't talked to her recently so I didn't know something was wrong. I wish she had called me first.
    She had sent me a bracelet in the mail with my birthday card in 2008- I'm going to wear that in her memory.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for your loss I hope you have someone to talk to for support
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Oh that is so sad Autumn I am sorry to hear that. We are here for you if you need us during this time, it is always so sad and makes you really reflect on old memories, I think the bracelet wearing is a cool way to honor your friendship with her.

Hugs, Bambi
  4. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Thank you Violet and Bambi.