one of my friends hung herself

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by nims, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nims

nims Member

one of my friends hung herself last January and i still blame my self for it i dont talk about her anymore i think people have forgoten. I should have called her that night but i didnt and did not find out till 2 days after she'd done it i should have known she wasnt right. I feel guilty and have a picture of her in my room so i never forget her and the fact she might still be here if i'd called her or gone round:-(

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

They might not talk about her (at least you have this impression if not done when you are present) yet they surely talk about her and think about her.

It is a hard thing to begin with to accept loosing a loved one, more under such circumstances and makes it even harder to discuss it.

Guilt is also part of grieving Naomi. Either it is by suicide than some illnesses...... if i had taken to the doctor, if i had recognized some signs,
    if if if if if if ........................................... damn IF.

No matter what lead her to suicide, it is a self decision at the end Naomi.

You must undersand and accept it. It was her decision to no longer go on with what was overwhelming her. It may seem selfish but a suicidal
    person's only thought when suicidal is the pain they feel.... nothing else exists at
    that moment

For same reason as you have, a call missed, a not making it to visit and a 'should have seen the obvious', ended up in years of feeling giulty of suicides.

I still carry some guilt as I still wonder if to any of those the outcome would have been different yet must admit to myself that I had no active role in their doing. It was their choices to end their lives.

It is normal to feel giulty as it is part of the grieving as said before yet understand that what I mean to say is that anyone that has loved-love another person who has died in such way feels responsability as a 'loving-caring-known yet each has to take responsability in making choices for oneself.

Take the necessary time to heal and get over the grieving that in itself is different in ways and time for each person... meanwhile remember-focus
    the good times you have shared together as memories will keep her alive forever in your heart.

Bless your soul

Be well and stay safe

granny

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

:sad: I'm so sorry to hear that..:hug: You just need to remember, it was not your fault! Stay safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.