One of those heartwrenching moments

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by kittyD, Jun 30, 2008.

1. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Oh my.:blink:
    My daughter just came in the room with a blanket my mom had made her when she was born and it was one of those moments that hit you out of the blue.:arms:
    kD

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

sounds like a cherish the moment thing for sure. i'm glad for ya take care

4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

I'm still in the first year after my mom passing. However I lost my dad 12-13 years ago so I know that the first year is particularly difficult. I still have the same moments about my dad, one of them being whenever I see team of horses like in the Bud commercials, he loved them and we actually had one Percheron when I was little. I am a bit disappointed that she hasn't made any kind of contact with me, I still get signs from my dad, maybe my mom hasn't been gone long enough to learn how to. But she appears occ. to Devon, maybe thats my contact.....
    kD

5. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

:sad: awwww KittyD i do understand what those moments are like... *sends you the biggest hugs every* it's been 2 years since my dad passed and the wounds are still every bit as fresh... i happened upon a birthday card he had given me just before he passed the other day and it had a pic of him holding my daughter so i honestly do know how those moments are and i am always here to offer my support and hugs...

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know how those moments are too. You never know what may trigger a memory of them. Cherish the good memories. They can be with you for a lifetime. :hug:

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:sad::hug:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: :arms: