• Hi - if you have tried to donate and found that it hasn't worked please can you hit me up in PM? (Freya) I am trying to figure out with paypal what the issue is and they are asking for more data. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Thank you so much :)
  • Hi - It is possible that I have figured out part of the problem with the donations. I believe that if you try to use paypal balance or your debit/credit card that should work now. Bank transfer still seems glitchy. If you try with a card and it fails please can you let me know? Fingers crossed that part is resolved though. Thanks so much for the support - Freya

One out of every seven Americans receiving public assistance to afford to live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
F Y I

Food stamp participation at over 44 million.

Similar numbers of people are in poverty (Current poverty guidelines for an individual in the US and District of Columbia is roughly $10k, around $12 and $13k for Hawaii and Alaska respectively). Consider the number of individuals and families living on just barely above these poverty thresholds who are not counted in the poverty figures. The U.S. likely has a population up to quarter of which are among the working poor, in addition to the ~14.3% below the poverty line.

Census' 2009 report (published Sept. 2010) on poverty, income, insurance coverage, employment, etc. available here. (pdf document)

Things to keep in mind while watching these forthcoming Presidential candidates make their bids for 2012. FYI

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I am on benefits from the American goverment, because of voices and the like. I am not lazy by a longshot. People are not even able to get any work, because everyone is trying to compete with hundreds of others for the same jobs. Got a job for an office manager position in a city? You are pitted against hundreds of other applicants.

It's a sad state in which the US and the rest of the world is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$262.00
Goal
$255.00